Chapter eleven

(Harry's POV)

"Hi, you've reached Louis. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

I sigh once again in frustration and toss my phone onto my bed. God, I miss Lou's voice so much. I've been trying to call him for days but he never picks up. It always goes straight to voice mail.

So far I've left Louis nine voice messages and texted him dozens of times but he never picks up. I really want to apologize-- to tell him that I overreacted and that we should talk things through. Of course, I don't want Louis to leave. I don't want him to move to London and I know that's selfish but I can't help it. After all, when Drew moved last Summer he broke up with me the day before he left and never spoke to me again. If that happened between Louis and I . . . I don't know what'd I do.

I'm sure we could compromise. Maybe he could come back here to Doncaster on the weekends or something but I don't want that. I want Louis to be living here-- just down the street-- not in London. I feel like a selfish prick and I know this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him but . . . but what about me?

What about us, more particularly? Our relationship is strong enough to last long distance but if he moves away I know that I'll miss him so, so much. I can barely stand a few days away from him, let alone months.

With all of these things swarming in my brain, I head downstairs and walk out the front door, telling my mum that I'm going out for a while.

* * *

"C'mon, Lou. Open the door," I mutter to myself, knocking once again. I think I hear Louis walking around inside and I sort of expect him to open the door but . . . nothing.

I dig my hand through my pocket and pull out the spare key that he gave me a while back. I stick it in the lock and twist it before stepping inside and closing the door behind me.

"What're you doing here?" I hear Louis snap. I turn my head to see him standing in the kitchen, leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. His feathery brown hair is sprouted in different directions and he's clad in tight cream coloured shorts and a blue top. Despite how adorable he looks, he appears to be in a very unhappy mood. His tone makes my heart sink.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "We need to talk, love. You can't ignore me."

He shakes his head, "I think you made your point pretty damn clear last time we talked. You don't want me to go."

I tilt my head and step closer to him. "I was shocked, can you really blame me?"

"I was shocked too! I wanted to talk things through but you just shooed me away like a fucking child."

I frown, "I- I'm sorry, Boo. I really am."

There's a moment of silence between us. None of us really talk, just stare.

"I don't like fighting with you, Haz," Louis breathes, staring down at his feet. Suddenly, all of the anger and tension in the air is relieved and I step closer to him so our noses are almost touching. I lift up his chin and look into those blue depths.

"Me neither," I admit solemnly. "So can we just talk this through?"

Louis gives me a soft smile before standing on his tip toes to peck my lips.

We sit down in the living room, both of us on the sofa. To my surprise, he stradles my lap and throws his arms over my shoulders, bringing our chests together before giving me yet another kiss. Wow, he's in a touch-y mood.

"Where do we even start?" Louis asks once he pulls away,

I chuckle, "I don't even know. Have you called the internship people yet?"

He nods, "Yeah I . . . I did. I talked to the woman who basically owns the entire theatre. She's in charge of everything and she said she really wanted me to consider it and that she thought I had potential. She said that I have three days to decide."

"And when did she tell you that?"

"Monday," he explains dryly.

"Oh . . . so you have to decide today?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"Yes."

"Wow . . . " I mutter before clearing my throat, "if you do end up doing this internship thing, then when would you start working? Like, when would you leave?"

"In two weeks," Louis explains, frowning.

I pause, "Where . . . where would you live? You literally just got this place at the beginning of Summer, are you sure you want to move again?" I ask.

Louis shrugs, "I'm sure I'll find a good place in the outskirts of London, as well," he says. The twinkle in his eye lets me know that he wants this internship really badly. That both worries me and makes me extremely proud at the same time-- it's a complicated mixture of emotions.

"I'm really happy for you, Louis. I know how much you love acting and directing and singing-- that's been your passion for as long as I've known you. I want you to do the internship I just . . . I wish it wasn't so far away," I tell him truthfully.

Louis bites his lip, "I wish it was closer too but unfortunately it's not. I really do care about your opinion, Harry, so if you really really don't want me to do this, then I won't. I promise that I won't get mad if you want me to stay," he gulps.

Okay, so this is it. Do I want him to go? I'd be really happy for him and it's his dream. I shouldn't stand in the way of that. I need to let him do what he wants . . . this isn't about me, it's about him.

"You should do it," I say finally, letting the words tumble out of my mouth.

Louis' face brightens and he squeaks adorably, "Really!?"

"Really," I breathe.

Louis smiles the way I love-- when he gets crinkles next to his eyes. "I can assure you everything between us will be alright-- there's always Skype or maybe I can come visit you on the weekends and I'll be constantly texting you or calling you. And it's only a Summer internship. Afterwards, I'll be back here with you. It'll be great. Cross my heart," he beams, crossing his chest with his finger. He leans down and gives me a gentle, tender kiss, cupping my face with his left hand. I smile against his lips and feel my heart melt at the scent of his aftershave. I never want this to end.

"Oh, I need to call Natalie!" Louis exclaims, getting off of my lap and digging in his pocket for his phone.

"Natalie?" I raise an eyebrow.

"She's the woman I was telling you about-- the one who handles all of the employment and such at the theatre," Louis says excitedly. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy.

"What are you waiting for then? Call her," I tell him with a grin.

"I will," Louis says, punching the number into his phone. He pauses and looks back to me, "Oh, and by the way, I love you. Thank you so much for . . . well, everything, really."

I stand up and kiss his cheek quickly before patting his bum, "And I love you, now go call her."

He sticks his tongue out at me cutely before pulling the phone up to his ear.

Everything between Louis and I is going to be alright, I hope.

[ I kept my promise and updated today! Dedication goes to jenjen2323 because she made the trailer on the side. Thanks again! ]