Liam - 2

I know it's not the new part of TCATCFADP, but I'm still in the process of editing, changing some of the songs and making it better... so hopefully this will keep people going.

This hasn't been edited or anything.

******

"Max, please hurry up" Kaydie whined as Max collected his belongings.

I'd put the little man through his paces tonight, it was no wonder that he was so tired. He was showing improvement with each training session and although we weren't supposed to have favourites, I pushed him a little bit harder than some of the others because I could see his potential.

I smirked when I heard Max mumbling under his breath about how annoying big sisters are.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" I asked Kaydie, hoping to distract her from nagging Max.

Some guy from school was throwing a party at his house. The guy throwing it was a bit of a douche, but all of my friends were going. I liked to keep an eye on some of them at these parties – you don't know what might go down.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not" she replied.

Ugh. I hate it when people don't give you a straightforward answer.

"Why?" she questioned, crossing her arms and looking at me suspiciously as if there was a motive behind me asking.

Dramatic Barbie much?

"Wow, I'm just trying to be friendly" I told her, holding up my hands in mock surrender.

Clearly, she didn't like being asked simple questions.

She pouted and looked over at Max who was still gathering together his stuff.

"Are you going?"

Oh, so I can't ask questions but Blondie can?

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not" I responded, struggling to not smile as I said it.

I knew my answer would annoy her just as much as hers had annoyed me.

Sure enough I saw a brief scowl on her pretty face as she opened her mouth to no doubt hit me with a scathing reply.

"Kaydie, I'm ready" Max panted, walking over to her with his arms full.

Her scowl vanished as she beamed lovingly at her brother. I felt the familiar pang in my chest as I thought about Lloyd. God, I miss having him around all the time.

"If we both do end up at this party – which maybe we will, maybe we won't, please don't dance next to me" Kaydie said gently, distracting me from my thoughts about Lloyd. "I'd hate to show you up"

She grinned sarcastically at me before directing Max towards the gyms exit.

I don't do dancing at parties and even if I did, Kaydie Prissy Pants Smithson was the last person I'd want to dance near.

"And I got full marks in my spelling test today" Jada told me proudly, handing over a piece of paper.

I scanned the list of spellings, grinning when I saw that she was right and had indeed got every spelling correct.

"That's amazing" I told her honestly, "I think that deserves a treat tomorrow"

She blushed, looking down at her hands.

Jada is TJ's little sister, though I kind of see her as my sister too.

"Ice cream?" I offered, knowing it was an offer she would never refuse.