Chapter One

"Darius."

I looked up from my laptop, "It's time."

I frowned, already? I looked at my watch, Jesse was right, it was time. 

"Very well." I closed my laptop standing up glancing at my reflection in the mirror, I was sure this outfit was decent enough, there weren't many people here and there was no need to dress up for a wedding where only parents were invited.

"Where's mum?" I asked turning around.

"I'm not sure why?" 

"She said she would do my tie for me."

The door flew open and Adrian stumbled in, "Stupid carpet, it's trying to kill me." he was holding a done up tie for me as he threw it at me.

"Are you sure it's not because you're still hungover?" I questioned as I quickly pulled it on tightening it. Adrian scoffed plucking a mint out of the jar and popping it into his mouth, "No. I can handle my alcohol. Unlike you....cuz" 

Jesse raised an eyebrow shaking his head as he looked at me, "So, we're still going through with this?" he asked, he had a deep wrinkle in his forehead, probably because he was stressing more than me about this.

I shrugged. It didn't really effect me, well, it did.

I ended up securing a deal to merge in the future with one of the biggest companies in the country, and that was all I cared about. 

"You know, there is a car at the back, we could take it and leave." Jesse suggested, and Adrian nodded, "We could go to China or something for a while, I feel like authentic dumplings for once. Bachelors night part two?" Adrian added on to this suggestion.

I ignored him before what he said piqued my interest, there was a car out the back? I hesitated as they started walking out of the room, that wasn't a car that we planned to have.

Did that mean....the bride had the same thought.

That made me slightly more comfortable, maybe she would back out of the wedding and I wouldn't have to say anything, the deal had been secured so as long as I didn't pull out of this, I would still be entitled to the merger.

"Darius? Are you coming?" Adrian's head came back into the doorway and I nodded. 

"I'll be out in a second." He shrugged walking off with Jesse and I walked over to the window looking out. It was a pretty isolated area that dad picked to keep it out of the press, the last thing they needed was this to blow up, it definitley would. 

I looked at the leafless trees till I spotted the 'car' Adrian had mentioned, sure enough it was a bit random to be parked there and I was positive I could see someone in the drivers seat. I rubbed my chin, perhaps this wedding wouldn't go on after all.

I smiled at that thought, the shares would be mine. 

"Darius hurry up your mum's asking for you!" The loud voice that belonged to my cousin pulled me out of my thoughts and I gave my tie one more tug before I walked out joining them at the end of the corridor as I was given instructions on where to stand and what to do.

The alter was just as simple and I could see a table with all the paperwork and I glanced over at Jesse who nodded at me to confirm that he went through all the paperwork, no catches, no restrictions. I could get out of this whenever I wanted. A planned divorce after the companies merged if the new 'wife' was being too demanding. She would be, she came from one of the richest families, I wonder what type of demands she would have.