Chapter 1: Made to be mine

I had never been one to be noticed. I always blended in with the crowd, too afraid to stand out. My social circle consisted of few friends as I wasn't much of a chatterbox. It didn't really matter though, I was comfortable living the way I was, specially since today was the last day of school.

"Earth to Sophie! Come on girl, snap out of it!" Ellie snapped her fingers in front of my face, "Aren't you excited about tonight?"

I rolled my eyes, "No I'm actually dreading it."

Tonight was the first full moon of the year which meant it was the day we were suppose to find our mates. I was scared, what if my mate didn't..want me? I may be the daughter of the Beta, but that didn't mean I was very popular. People in my pack respected me, but never invited me to hang out with them. Ellie and Jayden were the only two that ever reached out to me. We walked towards our lockers and saw none other than the school play boy, Jackson, demonstrating strong PDA in front of my locker...lovely. Jayden cleared his throat loudly trying to get their attention. After what seemed like an eternity, they finally noticed they had an audience to the little show they were putting on.

"Oh! Sorry Sophia." Jackson bowed slightly, "Won't happen again...well at least not on your locker." He winked at the disheveled blond as he escorted her away.

"That boy's future mate better get him neutered." Ellie said as she opened her locker.

"Yeah, let's hope he isn't ours." I scoffed, bless her heart, whoever has to deal with that pain. We each went to our separate classes and continued the day, everyone was excited about tonight. The girls were debating who would be their mate, and the boys were placing bets on who they were going to get. Finally it was lunch time, I stood outside waiting for Ellie and Jayden before sitting near the wooded area that surrounded the school.

"So apparently, you and I are in a love triangle with Jayden" Ellie stated as we sat down to eat our lunch. I stared at her...is that the best rumor people could come up with?

"That's ridiculous!" I chuckled,

Jayden put his hand up to his chest and gasped. "Are you saying I couldn't possibly seduce two girls at the same time?"

"You can barely talk to a girl!" Ellie shook her head as she took a bite of her sandwich. Jayden simply shrugged "Are you saying you aren't a girl?"

Ellie glared at him. "Anyway, did you decide what your wearing tonight?" I shook my head, I had been trying not to think about tonight, nerves tend to get the better of me.

"Why don't you come over to my house, I've got too many dresses in my closet, I'm sure one of them will look perfect on you." Ellie being the daughter of the Alpha of our pack tended to be spoiled, but I guess that was good for both of us. The bell rang signaling lunch was over and we quickly cleaned up our spot and went to our respective classes. The day ended quicker then I wanted it to and before I knew it, I found myself modeling different dresses for Ellie.

"Hmm...I don't know, Ellie" I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a red open back bodycon dress. It was more revealing then what I usually wore...and a lot tighter.

"Sophie, you look amazing, specially your butt." I elbowed Ellie in the stomach, "Geez, it was just a compliment!"

"Well what about you? what are you wearing?" I sat down on Ellie's bed as she went into her closet to hunt down the dress she was wearing.

"Found it!" Ellie went to the bathroom to put it on. While she changed I looked at myself in the mirror again, I hadn't seen myself dressed up in a while. Smiling, Ellie came out of the bathroom.

"Well? What do you think?" She said as she posed in different angles. She was wearing a black cage dress that had mesh on her stomach and shoulders.

"You look beautiful Ellie, as always." I grinned. Whoever her mate was, he was going to be one lucky guy. Ellie sat down next to me smiling.

"Alright, now time for the fun part" she said as she went through her drawers. She pulled out a make-up kit, a curling iron and with a determined look in her eye she proclaimed, "Let's get this done."

After what felt like hours, Ellie and I finally finished getting ourselves ready. It was 7:30 PM, that meant there was half and hour left until the Full Moon ceremony. My stomach growled, I hadn't eaten anything since lunch. "Soph, I just finished your make up! There is no way your ruining it by eating" Ellie shook her head disapprovingly.

"I'll just eat a granola bar." I quickly walked out of Ellie's bedroom before she could stop me and headed towards the kitchen. Looks like I'm not the only one with the munchies, I thought at the sight of Ellie's dad, Henry, eating out of a bag of chips. "Oh! mhm Scmhmm." The Alpha quickly swallowed his chips, "Hey Sophie, didn't notice you there" Smiling, I bowed - the formal way to greet an Alpha before continuing to look through the pantry. "It's ok, I was getting hungry too."

"Well you look beautiful Sophia, I'm sure your excited for tonight." I nodded as I unwrapped my chewy bar, "To be honest, I'm a bit nervous."

"Don't worry, whatever happens you'll be alright." Henry said with a smile, "I'm afraid I have to go now, got to be the first ones there." Henry called for his wife, Annabelle, to come down.

"Right!" I bowed and said goodbye to the Alpha and Luna. It was true, as childish as it may be, I was looking forward to meeting my soul mate, what girl wasn't? The idea of someone fated to be mine was pretty special. Being able to feel that connection with someone was something I've always longed for, since it had never been easy for me to connect with my classmates.

"Sophie! its time to go!" Ellie said as she ran down the stairs. The gardens were a short walk away from Ellie's home. I marveled at how beautiful it looked. Japanese lanterns had been hung around, there was a small stage set up in front of the lake. The Alpha and the Luna were standing near a podium as an assortment of the nearby Packs members arrived. With the moon reflecting on the lake, I silently sent a prayer up to the moon goddess, hoping for her to pick me a good mate. Once everyone arrived the Alpha spoke.

"Welcome! We are very excited about this year's Moon ceremony, watching these kids grow has been an incredible blessing and we look forward to them becoming great leaders and pack members. Now let the Moon ceremony begin! Please form a circle."

Ellie squeezed my hand as we got into the giant circle that had been formed. "You ready?" I nodded and squeezed her hand. I closed my eyes to calm my nerves and waited for the Alpha to speak. "Moon goddess, tonight on this full moon, we come together to worship and ask for your guidance, let souls be bound, let them be mated."

The Alpha's eyes glowed yellow as he spoke in old tongue. "Luna dea patitur animas teneri potest."

At the Alpha's words, the magic in the air thickened and there was a sudden pull in my chest. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my body as my wolf became alert. She called out for our mate as I closed my eyes, letting her guide me towards him. I opened my eyes slowly and made eye contact. Mate, my wolf proclaimed excitedly as electricity shot throughout my body. The trees swayed a little bit slower, as the yellow moon glowed even brighter. It was as if time had stopped, I could hear my heart thumping in my chest as I reached out for him. Suddenly the air turned cold, the Magic in the air vanished as I realized who my dear friend, the Moon Goddess, had assigned for me to spend eternity with:

Jackson Brixton, the School Player.

_____________

Comment down below let me know what you thought!