Chapter 5: This Has To End

Charles pullled up into a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. A gate eventually came to view that had a big wooden sign with blue lettering that said "Indigo Territory." Charles and Jackson seemed happy to be home, both of them were relaxed and smiling. I, on the other hand, was nervous, having to be brought to a new pack meant breaking ties with your old one. I had already lost the ability to mind link my family due to the distance. Even when I tried to see if I could sense my dad or Ellie, it felt like I was trying to call someone when there was no reception. We passed a forest of trees, I would have to ask Jackson for a tour. I hadn't been able to have a good run and I could feel my wolf getting restless to be let out.

"We're here!" Charles said as he got out of the car. Saying the Indigo territory was big was an understatement. I stared at what seemed to be the main Pack house in awe, it was practically a mansion. There were houses surrounding it, which I assumed was where the Pack members lived. There was so many, would I be able to even meet everyone?

"Overwhelming isn't it?" A guy who was almost identical to Jackson approached me, "I'm Chad, Jackson's brother, it's nice to meet you."

I smiled "I'm Sophia, you can call me Sophie." I stuck my hand out to shake his hand but was pulled into a hug. Was everyone this nice in this pack? If they were, then what the heck happened to Jackson?

"You know when we heard that Jackson had found his mate, we all thought it was a joke. Jackson isn't very responsible, we thought my father had payed someone to act like his mate. You sophie, dont look like the sort of person who would fall into a trap like that." I stood there unsure of what to say, was I suppose to take that as a compliment? Jackson came up behind me and nodded a hello to his brother.

"Man Jackson, you sure got lucky, she's gorgeous." Chad winked at me. I blushed, he had to be kidding. After spending two hours in a car, no body could just walk out looking as good as he was making me out to be. Jackson growled quietly and gripped my arm.

"Relax Jackson, I know she's suppose to be your mate." Chad's eyes narrowed at the sight of my unmarked neck, "Obviously she hasn't been properly claimed. Better do it fast big brother, before someone else does it for you." Charles appeared behind us, setting down the luggage beside us.

"Alright Chad, that's enough, why dont you help with the luggage." Chad nodded and picked up my bag after signaling me to follow him. Jackson walked beside me and grabbed my hand as soon as we were getting closer to the house. People noticed us and circled around us, many of them patted Jackson on the back and gave me hugs. Jackson simply smiled at them, I felt myself relax once I saw how comfortable he felt. After a while of greeting and being introduced, Jackson pulled me into the main house.

"Let me show you to your room." Jackson let go of my hand as soon as we got inside, I nodded without saying anything, I had thought that after my little breakthrough with Jackson in the hotel that things would be different. That us being mates would stop being an act for him. Guess I was wrong. I walked up the stairs, feeling the need to go for a run increase, to get away from people. Jackson walked into the room Chad was setting my luggage in.

"Chad, is Becca around?" Jackson said breaking the silence. Who was Becca?

"Yeah, she's probably out by the lake." Jackson nodded and walked out, leaving me and Chad to awkwardly keep each other company.

"Hey Chad? I really need to go for a run, you think you can show me around?" I felt relief flood over me as he smiled and nodded.

"Sure, it'd be my pleasure." We walked out in comfortable silence, once we were out near a forest of trees, I felt my wolf get excited at the thought of running freely through them. Chad chuckled at my noticeable mood change.

"How's he treating you? Honestly?" Chad gazed at me with concern, "I know Jackson isn't easy to handle"

I smiled weakly at him, "Jackson's been tough, but I believe in giving people a chance." I tried to smile more confidently before shifting into a silver white wolf. A sigh escaped my mouth as I felt my soft fur seep out, I remember when shifting use to be painful, but now it was like putting on a second set of skin. I stretched out and watched as Chad turned into a white and gray wolf. Chad barked and I took that as my signal to go. I darted into the trees, pumping my muscles to increase my speed, my surroundings became a blur as I felt a rush of adrenaline throughout my body. I turned my head slightly and saw Chad was a little bit behind me. My mind cleared as I let my wolf take over me. Different smells and sounds came to my attention, but I continued to run until I reached a small creek. I took the opportunity to quench my thirst.

"So...whose Becca?" I waited for him to answer, she must be someone important.

"Becca is Jackson's best friend, they've been friends since they were in diapers. They were inseperable until my father sent Jackson to the Highschool you went to. My dad thought it would be best if Jackson went to a place where there would be wolves from different packs, being the future Alpha, it was important for him to ally himself with other future Alphas." It made sense, that was why the Werewolf only Campuses had been created, to be able to have young wolves create connections with other wolves, to make for a better frienship with other packs. Most wolves were sent to find their mates too.

"Have you found your mate yet?" I picked up a leaf and twirled it around my fingers. I saw Chad shake his head. He had an angry look in his eyes but it left as fast as it had come.

"We should get back." I nodded and ran slower than before to remember my surroundings. I heard laughter close by, and curiously walked towards it. Feeling the breeze blow softly through my fur, my ears perked as I caught Jackson's scent. I followed it, leaving Chad without him realizing it.

"I missed you." I heard him say. I stood behind a tree as I watched Jackson and a girl, who I immediately thought must be Becca, sitting near a lake. Jackson leaned into Becca and nuzzled her neck.

"Jackson stop! Didn't you bring your mate with you." Becca pushed Jackson back. I silently thanked her and decided to talk to her whenever I could. Maybe she could tell me what happened with Jackson to make him react so coldly towards the idea of having a mate.

"So? She means nothing to me." I winced at his words.

"Don't be a jerk, I bet you don't even know her!"

"I know her well enough to know I don't need her."

I fought the strong urge to go over and claw Jackson's eyes out, sheesh when did I get so violent. Deciding I had heard enough I turned and came snout to about with Chad, by the look in his eye, I could tell he had heard what had been said. I didn't want to talk about it, didn't need to, what I wanted was to cry. Pathetic, I know but this had to end. I decided I had to find a way to get back at Jackson. He needed to know I wouldn't stand being insulted behind my back. I ran back to the house with Chad by my side. Once I shifted, I walked inside trying to see what the best way to get Jackson back was.

"Hey Chad, will you help me?"

"Sure, With what?" Chad stared at me curiously

"This might sound pathetic, but I want to make Jackson jealous."

"Are you sure this is the best way to get his attention?"

I sighed, "I just want Jackson to know I'm not planning on sticking around if he doesn't grow a pair and get over himself" Chad looked like he was having a inner battle with himself of whether it was the right thing to do. After a while he finally nodded. I smiled at him, this was going to be perfect.

_________________________

So what do you think of Sophie's plan? Have you ever tried to make someone jealous to get their attention?

Let me know in the comments below!