Ice.

"Um…” Joan stood motionless. “Looks like someone is hooking up tonight.” Lex said, holding in a laugh. I pushed her lightly and she jumped on my back. “No one can defeat me!” We landed on the couch, my sweaty back on her. “Ewwwwww. Cooties!” We both broke out into laughter and I helped her off the couch. Joan nervously walked up to me and Lex walked off and hugged Jack. Joan cupped my face again and kissed me again. “Joan, I-“ I was interrupted by Lex yelling out, “Let’s all go out! We have a day off tomorrow before New York, so let’s go!” Everyone agreed and went off to get ready. I quickly walked out first, avoiding Joan. I didn’t want to be rude but I also didn’t want someone who I just met, eating my face off.

********

Everyone on the bus was running around, looking for hairspray, cologne, and clothes. I sat on the couch, lingering for Lex to arrive on the bus. I had on my white button up, black tie, black skinnies, and black vans. Where were these girls? I heard a knock on the door and ambled over to open it. “Hey Alex.” I was greeted by Lex’s white smile. “Hey Lex. Come on in and join me in my boredness.”---“Oh, I certainly shall Mr.Gaskarth.” I flopped onto the couch and she placed herself down next to me. She had a black dress on with black vans to match. She leaned her head on my shoulder, causing butterflies to flutter around my stomach. “Hey Lex.”---“Oh hi Alex.” Joan strutted in, with a short skirt and half shirt, and the highest heels known to man, giving me a smirk. She sat next to me and started rubbing my leg. I pushed her hand away lightly and turned my attention back to Lex. “You okay there?” She looked up at me, “Mhm. I’m just a lazy bum.”

“BEST FRIEND!” Jack screamed. He jumped onto Lex and began tickling her. She finally pushed him off and he sat on the couch opposite of us. Joan jumped up and sat on Jack’s lap, flirting with him, trying to raise jealousy out of me. Not going to happen. “Alex, want to see something cool?” I nodded and Lex grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the bus, to a nearby park about a block away from the buses. She gazed up at the sky and grinned. “Look, there aren’t so many lights in the city so you can see the stars perfectly.”

I shot my head up and smiled at the thought. “Look a shooting star!” She gripped my hand, sending shivers throughout my body. I closed my eyes, wishing that I’d be able to find love again. I slowly opened my eyes and Lex still had her eyes closed, feeling the cold wing against her. “The smallest things can be the greatest moments.” She released her grip on my hand and slowly walked away. “Well? Are you coming or are you going to stay out here all night?” I smiled down at the ground and ran up to her. This girl was something.

********

We were in a local bar, dancing, drinking, and having a good time and being us. I had been forced into dancing with Joan; Lex was dancing with Rian’s girlfriend, Cassadee, and Jack. After countless hours of dancing to pop, A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope bursted through the speakers. I left Joan behind and walked up to Lex, “May I have this dance Ms.Miller?” She giggled and put her drink down. “Why of course Mr.Gaskarth.” She grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. While I placed one hand on her back and gripped her other hand, I could see the blood rushing to her cheeks. I saw Joan from a far, with jealousy burning in her eyes. I didn’t care though. I rested the side of my head on Lex’s and sang the words softly. I was praying that you and me might end up together… 

She sang back softly and it sent shivers all over my body. “Can I cut in?” Joan was standing incredibly close and it made me uncomfortable. Lex gave a half smile and began to walk away. I kept a grip on her hand and pulled her back to my body.  A new tune had begun and Lex and I jumped around. I wrapped an arm around her neck and she held my hand while We yelled out the lyrics. Across the ocean to cold for crashing waves…  I looked down at her, still singing, and she smiled up at me. She blushed, looking down and buried her face into my chest. From that point on, I knew that I, Alex Gaskarth, had feelings for Lex Miller.