Chapter 16

NEEDS MAJOR EDITING :( 

ENJOY!

-----

Without knocking on Weston’s door, I barge in angrily. He looked annoyed, turning his head away from his television show. His eyes widened and he stood up when he saw it was I.

 “Danny, what’s wro –“

His words were cut short with the sharp slap that caused his head to whip to the left. The contact was so loud, slicing the calm atmosphere like a knife. Although it was a solid slap, it did nothing to release the pent up anger burning inside of me.

It was silent. Weston’s head was still whipped to the left with his mouth slightly open. Shock was clear in his blue eyes. His cheek was turning red from the harsh contact. My fists shook beside me as tears furiously rolled down my cheeks.

“Why don’t you just kill us already?” I screamed when he didn’t say anything.

His eyes snapped to my face in confusion. “What the hell are you talking about?” He asked with his eyebrows drawn together.

“Stop playing dumb with me, Weston Marshall,” I yelled louder.

“Danny, calm down and lower your voice.”

“Why should I? Nobody is home!” I shoved his chest, causing him to stumble back a few steps.

“What the hell?” He said, his deep voice rising. Annoyance was clear on his perfectly sculpted face. “What is your freaking problem?”

“Could you stop lying for once? Just stop it! Do you think I’m stupid? I found out your dirty little secret!”

“I still don’t know what the hell you’re talking about,” Weston yelled back.

“Oh please,” I laughed sarcastically. “First, I find weapons that could kill werewolves in your bedroom, Weston! They kill your own kind! I waved it off because you told me you were doing an investigation. I was stupid to believe a petty lie! Let me ask you a few questions on your amazing life, Weston! How is it dating the hunter’s daughter? I bet it’s superb and magical, but nothing could beat being in the hunting team! That’s every werewolf’s dream, isn’t it?”

   Recognition and fear swam in his blue eyes. He adverted eye contact while he found something on the wall remotely distracting. I laughed sarcastically when his jaw clenched and he didn’t respond.

“It makes sense now! Werewolves were teaming up with the hunters. Who knew an Alpha would do that? You’re clever, Weston.  So, here I am. Why don’t you kill me now? Get it over with and just shoot me,” I crossed my heart with my index finger. “Right here.”

He snapped his eyes back to my face before a low growl erupted from his chest. “Never say that again, Danny. I wouldn’t dare harm a hair on your body.”

“Fuck you,” I screamed, a new surge of anger pulsating through me. “You’re nothing but a liar! Why else would you be on the hunting team or own those weapons? You want to kill – “

“Shut up,” Weston snarled. He tugged at his black hair. “Just shut up, Danny! You think you know everything, but you don’t! You think you’ve got everything figured out, but you’re missing a big piece to the story.”

My mouth snapped shut on their own accord.

“After you left, I used to run every night to get rid of that fucking annoying pain,” Weston sighed. His voice cracked. He sounded utterly broken. He sat down on his bed, looking straight at me. “One night, I shifted back. I was about to head home when I heard the sound of a gun cocking and felt the cold metal of a rifle being pressed to the back of my neck. Once the smell of the wolfs bane surrounded me, I thought I was going to die.