02

I woke up the next morning to the loud rings of my alarm─I would be lying if I said that i set up just one alarm to wake me up and that this wasn't the 15th time I hit the snooze button. I hated waking up for school, but I mean, who didn't?

I might be classified as a 'nerd' because I spend a lot of time studying and i get top grades but even people like me despise going to school and keeping up a perfect attendance.

I always wake up in the worst mood ever because the whole routine of the day consists of  me studying my ass off and having countless unpleasant encounters─today was a bit different though. I actually woke up feeling okay, not great but okay.

I wanted to keep feeling like that, it was quite nice actually but unfortunately the most i can do was to savor this mood because even i knew that i can never have a full on good and peaceful day.

Slow wasn't even close to describing how much i took my time to get up and do my everyday morning routine which basically consisted of; peeing, washing my face and brushing my teeth, getting dressed up for school and having a bowl of cereal─and yes i am completely aware of the fact that I'm boring.

After turning the usual 10 minutes i took everyday to get ready to 50 minutes. I was done. Well, almost done since I still had to avoid bumping into my parents since that was something that always made my mood take a 180 degree turn and never for the better too.

I was fully aware of the fact that i was skipping breakfast─it honestly broke my heart since the thought of letting food go to waste was just horrific but i had to make sacrifices, even if it was food and desperate times do call for desperate measures after all.

I successfully tiptoed my way to the door and slowly turned the door handle, breaking out of the house and rendering myself free. Not exactly free since i am going to school, but i wanted to be proud of my semi escape.

I had decided against taking the bus just incase I bump into someone but I wasn't crazy though, I was not going to walk to school. It went against my no exercise protocol.

I was in fact going to use what money I had left on a cab.

I stopped one and told the driver what the location of my school was. He was surprised seeing a student take a cab and by the looks he was giving me, I could tell he thought I was rich which I most definitely wasn't.

He was talking on the phone with someone which didn't bother me at all but what he was saying sure as hell did.

"No offense but his ex-wife was a slut, she slept around with so much men after they divorced its just crazy. I mean who does she think she is?" He ranted before adding the cherry on top. "This is why women should stay at home and cook"

I was fuming that people like that still existed but i wasn't going to fight him. I mean i was a mere high school student after all and i did need a ride to school. I was disappointed at how much of a loser i was and how much i tried to hide my opinions.

The guy had ended his call and just in time i received a call too, it was from the only friend i had actually─i was going to answer it normally but i had a much better idea in mind.

"How's it goin' fam?" I said completely ignoring whatever my friend had to say about how the class was about to start and how i should get there faster.

"Pfft of course i wanna go to a foreign hookup bar today, what kinda question is that?" I continued to ignore my friends' questions about what i was saying and if i was high. I felt a little guilty but the triggered look on the drivers face made my guilt jump out of the window and motivated me to continue.