eighteen

Unfortunately, our little trek in the woods had come up short. Scott had been sure that Lydia's scent led to the Hale house, and my hallucinations suggested that as well, but our friend was no where to be found.

The fact that Lydia was still missing, and roaming around naked while possibly turning into something supernatural, on top of Kate's funeral that was scheduled for this afternoon and the 'others' Mom and Dad kept mentioning, I was beginning to feel like I was suffocating. Not to mention my hallucinations and feelings that seemed to be getting stronger each day.

Allison hadn't even wanted to get out of bed this morning when I found her trapped underneath the protection of her bed's comforter. I think she was taking Kate's death a little heavier than I was, or at least the attention of it all.

Our family's name had been spread all over the news attached to a homicide, and I couldn't walk past the group of kids descending off the school bus in the morning without hearing hushed whispers and catching judgmental stares.

She promised to text me when she was headed to school, but she was taking time to prepare for the brunt of it all and I didn't want to push her too far or force her to do anything.

Because I was facing the first part of the day alone, my face brightened up when I saw Scott and Stiles standing on the main staircase platform in the front of the school. Their backpacks were strapped with their lacrosse sticks, ready for the morning practice.

I hoisted the strap of my own bag further onto my shoulder and quickened my pace to meet up with them, dodging the mass of students. When he saw me approaching, Stiles sent me a lopsided grin and straightened out his stance on reflex.

"Hi," I gave them a weak wave, my voice coming out duller than normal considering my mind was still hung up on Lydia.

"Hey," Scott sighed. "Is Allison not coming?"

"She's feeling a bit off about all the rumours going around about Kate, and the funeral today. We can meet up with her later."

Stiles happy look faltered, rocking back on his heels. I wanted to get my mind off of the event looming over my schedule, so I decided to address the missing friend situation; hoping for some good news. "Any new scent on Lydia?"

Scott tipped his head to the side. "No, but we were actually just talking about other ways to find her. Have you had any more, er, urges of any kind?"

After pausing a moment, I breathed in deeply; knowing the answer. After I had gotten home last night from trying to track Lydia, I had yet another nightmare about wandering the forest, and I felt like I had seen another pair of glowing eyes again, even after all we had already been through with creatures with that characteristic.

"Ya," I mumbled, tucking hair behind my ear. "More of the forest and some glowing eyes."

Both of the boys' eyes widened at my words and Scott rubbed his forehead in confusion. "Do you think those could be Lydia's? Or did the forest bits have any more specific locations like the Hale house vision from last night?"

"I have no idea. And I couldn't recognize the clearing, sorry. I-I can't really control what I see. I just kind of, well, see them."

Scott turned from me and whacked Stiles across the arm. "Hey, do you think the glowing eyes belong to the person, or thing, stealing the livers?"

My eyes bulged, blinking rapidly. "Excuse me? Livers?"

"My dad reported on a new case this morning at the graveyard," Stiles explained, making me gulp at the word graveyard.

His eyes flashed to study my face, hesitant to make me feel at all uncomfortable with the talk of a burial ground when I was going to be visiting one in a few hours. However, because my heart wasn't in pieces about Kate's funeral, I gave into my curiosity and nodded for him to continue.

Beacon ⌲ Stiles Stilinski [1] EDITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara