Stand By Me

A scandalous chapter!!!

Please comment and tell me what you think!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I will assure you that will happen in due time. We need to think strategically about this. I won't risk more deaths from our pack." He threatened, emphasizing the word 'our'.

"There won't be more deaths. Our pack is stronger and we have more fighters. You've planned for months, I'm sure you have a plan for immediate attack." I argued.

He knew I was right. Carter had numerous plans just in case something went wrong. He always had a backup plan.

"I do, but it is not worth the consequences. James's death is not enough for me to go to war early. I will not seek retribution and, in turn, lose my honor."

His words made me mad. If the situation was reversed, we would already be in the enemy territory fighting them. He didn't care because James didn't mean anything to him.

"What about my honor?" I shouted at him. "They spat on mine when they killed James. I will avenge his death. With or without you." He reached out to me but I slapped his hand away.

I didn't want him touching me at all. His touch even made my wolf furious at the moment.

"We are very close to having the perfect plan. Drake and I are only weeks away from attacking. You will wait and I will kill everyone who is involved in this." He was staring down at me with the power of an alpha. I wanted to cower away but I had to remain strong.

I had to convince him this was the right thing to do. I had to avenge his death.

"You asked me what it would take for me to get better. If you do this for me, I will pretend James was never alive. He will mean nothing to me." I said emotionlessly.

It hurt to say these words about James. My wolf even felt betrayed by what I what I was saying.

"I know you're lying to me. You won't forget about him. He meant too much to you." He jealously stated.

I gave out a humorless laugh and rolled my eyes.

"Wow, you are actually jealous of a dead man. You know no boundaries." Carter narrowed his eyes at me.

"I'm not jealous of anyone. You are my mate and everyone knows that. No one would dare touch you." I had to come up with a different approach for him to listen to me because yelling at him was obviously not working.