six

"Jiminie!" Jimin flipped out of his bed, immediately on the defensive. Usually if Yoongi had to wake him up in the morning he would start by turning on the radio, not shouting in his fucking ear. But when Jimin peeled open a sleep-sealed eye he was not met with his blond neighbor, but his purple haired best friend.

       "Taetae!" Jimin yelled, throwing his arms around the boy. It had taken the Council approximately three hours to send Taehyung packing, but it had taken another day and a half for Taehyung to figure out where he was and where he needed to be. Taehyung latched onto his friend, noticing for the first time that his wings had disappeared.

       "Jimin, your wings, where are they?" Taehyung asked. He slipped off his own enchanted jacket, thinking that the mortal world may have stripped them from his being, but like every other time Taehyung needed them, his bright white wings spread across his back and hung in the air, ready to use. Jimin reached his hand behind himself and ran his finger tips across his shoulder blades.

       "Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no." Jimin whispered, pushing Taehyung out of the way of his mirror. Jimin turned in panicked circles, staring at his bare back. The Council had taken his wings. Jimin wanted to cry, and scream, and forget about the stupid mission and let the Council exile him all at the same time. But mostly he wanted to prove to the bastards that he could do this, he could make Yoongi fall in love with Hoseok. Even if he did need a little help.

"Hey, at least you don't have to wear the jacket anymore," Taehyung said, trying to bring life back to his friends emotionless face.

"Yeah, it was a little itchy." Jimin spit, glaring at himself in the mirror. Taehyung looked happy with himself, like the amount of sarcasm dripping off Jimin's tongue hadn't effected him in the least. It probably hadn't, knowing Taehyung, it went right over his head to stay forever in the clouds.

"So, introduce me to the love birds, would you?" Taehyung asked, shrugging his coat back on. Jimin watched enviously as his wings disappeared, but tried to think positively. At least he didn't have to try to match everything to the electric blue fabric anymore.

Jimin slipped into a pair of pants and walked next door to Yoongi's apartment, and he could hear the heavy bass through the door. He could also hear muffled shouting and the sound of a struggle, like Hoseok and Yoongi were fighting over the computer mouse once again. Jimin already had to magic it back to working order once, and now without his wings he didn't know if he had any magic to do it again.

Jimin knocked on the door lightly, immediately turning around to tell Taehyung they would come back later. The door flung open and Jimin was first relieved that both boys were still alive, but also terrified that they were going to meet Taehyung, the most invasive person on the face of the planet.

"Hey Jimin, and friend. I like your hair." Hoseok said, nodding at Taehyung. Taehyung stood there, momentarily stunned before bouncing back to his bubbly, loud self.

"Thanks, I'm Taehyung! I assume you're Hoseok?" Taehyung said, holding out a sweater-covered hand. Hoseok shook it and Jimin watched as Taehyung's cheeks dusted a light pink.

        "No!" Jimin yelled, punching Taehyung's shoulder. "Absolutely not, you know the rules!"

       Hoseok looked taken aback when Taehyung glared at Jimin, eyes threatening to choke him. "So do you!"

      "That was an accident!" Jimin hissed. He turned back to Hoseok who was staring at them oddly before smiling. "Sorry, best friend thing. I'm sure you and Yoongi do it all the time." Hoseok smiled in understanding and moved to the side, ushering to two boys into the apartment.

What Jimin had originally thought to be fighting over a beat turned out to be Mario Kart, and Yoongi had beaten Hoseok for the fourth time in a row, resulting in whining from Hoseok. The music, Jimin soon realized was playing loudly out of Yoongi's phone to try and block out the annoying Mario track list.

"Jimin... and friend! Come on, help me beat Hoseok." Yoongi said, scooting down on the couch to make room. Jimin plopped down in his usual spot on the middle cushion, but Taehyung gave him a look and he moved over so Hoseok could sit between him and Yoongi.

"So, Jimin, who is this man with fun hair?" Yoongi asked, not taking his eyes away from the tv screen. Yoongi died quickly, throwing his cart off the side of a cliff. He sighed and turned towards Taehyung, who smiled brightly at him.

      "I'm Taehyung, nice to meet you." Taehyung said, leaning a little so Yoongi could shake his hand.

      "Nice, I'm Yoongi. Care for a round of Mario Cart? Hoseok and I against you and Jimin?" Yoongi offered, handing each of them a remote. Jimin took his in sweat-slick hands, the reality of the situation seeping into his bones. His wings were gone, the Council had given up on him, Seokjin was probably pissed, and now Taehyung was here to make everything all better. Jimin literally couldn't do anything right.

      "Jimin," Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of Jimin's face and the older boy jumped slightly. Taehyung nudged him and nodded towards the screen, where they were waiting for him to choose his character. Jimin picked Mario, obviously, and the race started.

      There was a lot of screaming and unjust pushing on Hoseok's part, who was trying to throw Jimin off course physically rather than trying to beat him. Taehyung came in first, due to a joke he told that made Yoongi laugh so hard he fell off his end of the couch.

"Rematch!" Yoongi yelled almost immediately. He then grabbed onto Jimin's arm and pulled him across the couch. "Jimin and me against Taehyung and Hoseok. Non-cheaters versus cheaters."

"I don't really think–"

"Yeah!" Hoseok yelled, cutting Jimin off. He pushed past Jimin and flopped down next to Taehyung, who was blushing profusely. Jimin scooted away from Yoongi a little, just so he wasn't invading his personal space and turned back towards the television. Taehyung seemed happy enough with the new arrangement, and he didn't want to seem odd for complaining.

"Let's kick some ass!" Yoongi yelled, picking his character and car. Hoseok laughed and threw a pillow at his head.

"Why are you acting like such a fuckboy? Find your chill, hyung." Hoseok said. Yoongi rolled his eyes and shook his head, but Jimin could see the amusement in his features. Maybe Yoongi was more in love than he thought himself to be.

sorry this is so short !