Witch Hunt

I once dreamed of being here. A place known as the most beautiful land of all. I couldn't believe it was granted, I couldn't believe they let me enter this place. Even though it was forbidden to mingle with them I still pursued my desires. Here I am at last, walking peacefully, enjoying the view of what the town's people are doing in their everyday life.

Flowers bloom beautifully and everyone greets me with smiling faces. Yes, I know that I still need to calm down, but I'm so excited to explore everything, that I felt my heart is beating faster than before, wanting to see all the wonders I could find. 

Happily walking as I detour around the town, my long hair keeps tangling as it dances at the wind's movement. But still, allured by everything, simple yet seems an elegant place, like flowers forming a full bloom in a garden, I distracted myself, staring, that I didn't mind how my hair looks like.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and murmured; "As long as I act normal, I'll be fine..."

I keep fixing my petticoat beneath my dress. I'm still not used to what I'm wearing here. I need to learn more in order to blend in. So much that I panic what I should do first. But there's one thing I can confirmed with all my heart;

I'm very happy.

It was too late when my headdress was stolen by the mischievous wind. I tried to chase it and wanting to grab it back, but ended up not at the ground, instead, in the hands of a fine young man.

"Is this yours?" He looks at me straight in my eyes. He has a gentle, violet-colored eyes that looks like a marble I once played when I was a child. I was afraid of reaching his hands towards the headdress but he insisted and took time to get close to me. I couldn't resist his offer; I was pulled by his presence before I knew it.

He smiled gently and I was mesmerized that I couldn't evade my vision towards him. But as I was struck by reality, that's when I remembered, who is this guy standing right before me?

"What's your name?" a question that popped out my mouth due to curiosity. I don't know if I sounded rude as I carefully choose the right words to say.

Because he made me feel curious.

Now, I am curious.

He laughed that I was taken aback. I don't know why he laughed at my question but as I was about to run away, he grabbed by arm trying to stop me.

"Don't run, I didn't mean to offend you; I just thought you're really new in this town."

Is it that obvious that I'm new here? But he didn't let go of my hand, instead, he continued; "My fair lady, what is your name?"

Bluntly again, I said my real name; "Alissa."

He then took my hand gently and kiss it. Just like what I have read in some books before. This is a common gesture of a gentleman; "My name is Vincent, I am the crowned prince of this land."

I was speechless and frozen on the spot when I realized I'm talking to a prince. But this didn't stop him from asking more questions about myself.

We talked a lot. I didn't even noticed that we ended up walking side by side. Before I knew it, everybody within the town is staring at us. I am not used on getting this much of attention. And it seems he realized my dilemma that he pulled my hand and took me far away from the everyone's eyes.

Like a prince in a fairy tale, he saved me.

He shown me a lot of scenery no one has ever reached. We talked a lot, did a lot of things, made me eat new foods, attended festivals and such gatherings. I'm at the peak of enjoyment. He's the reason why everything seems so much fun. And as we spend more time together, time flies so fast, that it comes to a point where he confessed his love to me.