A Sweet and Sorrow Depart

~Script #1: A Sweet Sorrow Depart○~

“The world is not thy friend, nor the world's law. - Romeo” 

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet 

The sound of the airplanes crackles through my ears. I watched as the airplane goes through the white clouds and before I know it, it was out of sight. I held my luggage tightly beneath my hands. I can already feel the butterflies in my stomach jumping up and down, making me want to throw up the egg salad I ate last night. Ew, I know. Please, for heaven’s sake don’t make me go. Someone please help me. Please.

“The flight for New York is about to depart in 15 minutes. Everyone who’s not yet on the plane should make their way there immediately.” The lady announced through the speakers. I guess it’s time to go. Amanda, you can do it. Once everything settles down, you’ll be back to San Francisco in no time. We’ll be a happy family again.

“Amanda.” My mom said as she held my arm gently. I can already feel my tears about to roll out of my eyes. Mom.

“Don’t worry Amanda, we’ll come back for you when we earn enough money. We’ll definitely come back.” This is my first time hearing my mom’s voice so gentle and yet, hurtful.  I don’t want to leave like this.

“Amanda!” Dad? Is that him? Is he here?! I turned around and saw him standing in front of me. He was wearing his grey suit with a bright red tie. His hazel eyes brighten his dark complexion, but his heavy eye bags were still visible and his nice, shiny blonde hair was completely swept to the side. He looks just like any other business man; his expressions were always serious and professional.

Although there was one thing that was different about him today: his eyes were swollen. Was he crying because of me? Is that why he didn’t come to see me leave? Because he didn’t want me to see him cry?

“Dad, don’t make me go. Please. I want to be with you guys. Don’t make me live with Aunt Nelly. Please mom and dad.” I begged with all my might, but my parents both shake their heads.

“Amanda, you know you can’t stay with us. We don’t want you to suffer because of us. Do you understand young lady?” I can hear the pain through his husky low voice. It’s like bullets hitting straight towards my heart.

“But da-"

“No buts, you have to leave now or you’re going to miss your flight.” He stared at me with still eyes. I felt like there’s so much secrets that were hidden beneath those hollow grey eyes; it’s like I’m not even their daughter anymore. I’m just a stranger who they’re trying to get rid of.

“Let’s go honey.” My dad glanced at my mom, signaling her to follow along, but she shook her head.

“You can go first; I just want to tell Amanda something before she leaves.” She told him. He looked at the both of us for a brief moment and finally decided to leave. When he left, my mom held both of my hands with hers.

“Amanda dear, you know he doesn’t mean it. He just wants this to be easier for you.” Easier? It’s more like he’s trying to push me through those doors and send me away. I felt there was a lump in my throat. I don’t want to admit it but I have to. It’s the truth and I can handle the truth.

“You know we love you right, darling? We always have and always will be there for you, but we just can’t afford another person and you know why.” If only the bank haven’t taken away our home. Why did my dad lose his job? Then I wouldn’t have to live with Aunt Nelly.

For the past few months, my parents have been working two jobs just to earn enough money for this. I wouldn’t mind working too but my parents doesn’t want me to live such a harsh life; that’s why I’m being sent to my aunt’s house.

“You have to leave soon, so at least give me a smile. Let me see that beautiful smile my daughter has.” She held up my chin and smiled. How can I be smiling at a time like this?! I just can’t! I don’t want to go through this! We were such a happy family and we had everything we could ever dream of! I just can’t believe this is happening. I-I just can’t…

“Come on. If you smile, this will make this easier for the both of us. Let me remember your beautiful smile. Okay? Let us remember this moment with a smile.” I looked at her. She may be forcing a smile, but her eyes tell another. Beneath those emerald eyes, was a women going through pain and I knew If I didn’t smile, it’ll only break her heart.

“Amanda? For me? You don’t want me to be sad now do you?”

“Fine.” I lifted the both ends of my lip and formed the smile that my mom wanted. Is it possible to be smiling but yet frowning at the same time? How can it feel so sour but look sweet at the same time? That’s not how it’s supposed to be.

“Now if only I can capture this moment.” My mom was smiling at me, with a tear already streaming down her face.

“Mom don’t cry, shouldn’t I be the one crying right now?” I wiped the tear off her face. It felt really warm, like flames at the tip of my finger.

“Five minutes until departing.” The lady announced. I guess it really is time to go now. I grabbed my luggage from the ground.

“Mom, I have to go now.”

“I know.” She wrapped her thin arms around me and kissed me on the cheek. 

“Bye mom.” I waved goodbye as I walked towards the entrance to the plane. Don’t look back. Once you go through the gates don’t look back.

“Passport please ma’am.” One of the employees asked me. The uniform she was wearing consisted of a tight blue skirt that framed her figure nicely and to match it together, a blue sleek jacket with golden epaulets. Her chestnut hair was also pulled back with a tight elastic band. I nodded and handed her my passport, which I had to register for because of this.

“Okay, you may go through.” She handed me my passport and let me through the gates, but just as I stepped inside the gates, I had a sudden urge to turn around to see my mom again. This might be the last time I’ll see her. I have to see her or else I’ll regret it. As my eyes met hers, she was already crying with a sorrow smile on her face. Mom…

Amanda, don’t cry. She can still see you, just bare with it a little longer. Don’t cry.

I waved goodbye once more and turned around. My tears were already streaming down my face.

“Ma’am, are you alright?” Someone asked me.

“Yeah I am.”

And this was the beginning of how everything began.

~♥~♥~♥~

      Hey guys! J Finally uploaded something for the past few months. I’m so sorry I haven’t been uploading anything. I’ve just been so busy with piano and been going to places so I haven’t really made time for writing :’( Sorry.. I’ll try my best to make time since school is starting soon J So what did you think? I’m still not used to writing in this style, but I tried my best to write the character’s feelings J So please tell me how it is! I need your advice and especially since I haven’t written for a while now ><