Chapter 1: Visiting James

It's been a couple months since my birthday. Today is the marks the day when I found out I was a princess. I told my parents that I didn't want an extravagant party and instead I wanted to spend time with James. I asked Luis to ask Jacob, James' butler, if James was busy. It seems that James planned to go to Clari and visit me, but I told Jacob to stop him from going. Jacob told me that James usually sets his alarm clock at a very early hour every time he plans to visit Clari. So I told him to turn off James' alarm clock and take it from his room. Hopefully James won't get mad at me or Jacob. Currently I'm on a plane heading for Calena to see James. I can wait to surprise James. A couple hours later, I finally arrived in Calena. I got off the plane and got in a car heading to the Lance Manor. I looked out the window and watched the foreign scenery go by. I've never been to Calena before, but I've noticed that it's not that different than Clari. I can tell that by just looking through the window, the people here are hardworking and kind. I'll be ruling Calena alongside James one day. Hopefully when the time comes, they'll accept me as their queen.

The car finally arrived at the Lance Manor and I got out of the car. Jacob was there to greet me. "Good morning Ayana. I see that you are alone. Luis didn't come with you?" "No. I told Luis to stay back at the castle. Anyway is James still asleep?" Jacob replied, "Yes. He usually doesn't wake up early unless he is required to. James won't wake up for another hour or so." I nodded and asked Jacob, "Is it alright if I make his breakfast for him?" "Of course. Along the way to the kitchen, I'll show you where everything is." He started walking and I followed him inside. Once I was inside, I studied my surroundings. Everything looks very elaborate and ornate. Along the way to the kitchen Jacob told me where everything was located. Then a thought occurred to me. "Jacob. Where is King Luke and Queen Rose? I have not greeted them yet." Jacob replied, "Their majesties are visiting the Royal family of Nitio today, but don't worry you will see them tomorrow at your ball, commemorating the one year anniversary of your return. Also if you are wondering where Brandon is, he has training right now." I nodded and soon we arrived at the kitchen.

Once we opened the door to the kitchen, the chefs stopped working and looked me. One of them spoke up and asked me, "Princess Ayana what are you doing here?" I replied, "I apologize for intruding, but may I use the kitchen? I would like to prepare something for James before he wakes up." The chefs looked at me. The head chef replied, "Of course Princess! Is there anything you need help with?" I smiled politely and replied, "Actually do you know what James likes to eat in the morning?" The head chef paused for a moment before saying, "I'm aware that he likes food that's sweet. Does that give you any idea?" "Yes it does. Thank you." He smiled and I started to work. Since the head chef said that James likes eating food that is sweet, I thought of making him a strawberry crepes. I hope he'll like it. Hopefully by the time I'm finished with making the crepes he'll still be asleep. I don't want him to wake up and realize that he overslept. I quickly finished the crepes and set it on a plate. I put the plate on a tray along with utensils, a napkin, cream, sugar, and coffee. I asked one of the chefs to take me to James' room, since I still don't exactly know where everything is located, and took the tray with me. The chef opened the door for me and I thanked her.

I went inside and saw James still asleep. I set the tray on a nearby desk and walked up to James. Hopefully he's not mad when he wakes up. I knew he wanted to visit me, but I can tell this is the first time he's had a good night sleep for a while. He's always there to visit me even though he's tired. I looked at him. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. I smile little and start to stoke his head. He started to move in his sleep and he smiled. Did I wake him up? I stopped and pulled my hand away. His eyes started to open. I smiled. "Good Morning James." He blinked his eyes and sat up. He looked at me confused. "Ayana? What are you doing here?" Then he realized something. "Wait what time is it? I was supposed to wake up early to visit you!" I reassured him, "James it's fine. I'm here now right? I told Jacob to take your alarm clock so you wouldn't wake up early. So if you're going to get mad at Jacob, don't because I told him to. I wanted to surprise you." James sighed, "I just wanted to visit you. It's been a year since you returned right? Aren't you celebrating tonight?" "All that matters is that I'm here now right? Plus one day I'll be ruling Calena alongside you and I've never been here before that I can remember. And I will have a celebration, just not tonight because I told father I wanted to spend time with you today so we are having it tomorrow night." James nodded. Then I remembered that I made James breakfast. "James I made you something to eat."