Chapter 27 - Small Part of Me

"Alina." Danny whispered as he lightly ran his hands up and down my waist before he leaned in and placed a kiss on my cheek. I sighed at the contact his lips made with my cheeks, loving how it made me feel.

He then pulled away and grabbed my face in between both his hands, making me stare down into the intricate brown-green colouring of his eyes. I felt completely lost in his gaze. He was making me feel things I never knew I could feel. I liked it but I hated it at the same time.

"Let me love you Alina." He spoke softly, causing me to sigh and immediately pull away from him.

"Alina no." He demanded pulling me back towards him. "I'm not letting you go until you tell me why you're so against me. Why don't you want to be with me? Why won't you let me love you?"

I stayed quiet not capable of looking down at him. I couldn't explain why. There were so many reasons I couldn't be with him. So many reasons.

"Alina, I'm waiting for an answer." He stated firmly, his gaze burning into the side of my head. I looked down at him before I looked away again.

How was I supposed to explain how scared I was? He was a werewolf and that was what I was the most scared of. His kind killed my family and who knows how many humans Danny has killed himself. I can't be with a murderer. And besides, my family would hate me and be really disappointed in me for giving into his charms if they were still alive.

I was also scared he'd hurt me. I was scared he'd betray me. He's been with so many girls, he probably gets bored easily and moves from one girl to the next. He's so horny all the time. What if he only wants to get in bed with me and then leaves me?

Werewolves weren't to be trusted, and I didn't trust him. I don't think I can ever trust him. Especially since he has managed to capture some small part of my heart. And I don't like that. I'm scared of the power he'll have over me once I give in. He already has power over me to some small degree and I don't like that. It's my fault I let him have that power.

There was just so much I was scared of and I wanted to tell him everything I feared. But I knew he'd betray me somehow. I couldn't trust him with this bit of information. I knew just how easily he could use it all against me.

"Alina please! Can't you see how damn desperate I'm starting to get. I just want to be able to love my mate and have my mate love me back. I want what Zander has with Rosie." He said causing me to get angry now.

"If you want what Zander has then go be with Rosie!" I yelled at him, pulling away from me. "In fact instead of Rosie, why don't you go be with that stupid nurse. You clearly enjoyed having her shove her boobs in your face!"

"You're fucking insane Alina! I honestly don't understand you at all!" He growled in frustration as he roughly ran his fingers through his hair. "You say you don't want me. You push me away but then you get so damn jealous! Why the fuck do you get so jealous when you don't want me? Why Alina?"

"I do not get jealous!" I yelled back really pissed off at him. "And I am not insane!"

"Yes you do get jealous! You know what, I don't have it in me to argue with you." He said shoving the blanket away from him and slowly getting up off the bed.

I noticed him wince and almost reached out to stop him.

Key word, almost.

I quietly watched with a frown on my face as he made his way to the bathroom, wincing at every move. It made me grimace watching him like that.