Misunderstood (Connor)

So I got a request on Tumblr from an anon saying how he/she wanted a scenario where Connor is spotted being unfaithful to the S/O, so I thought I'd put it on here as well.  I changed it up a bit though. 

If you'd like to request more Assassin's Creed related things, I have blog on Tumblr dedicated to typing scenarios, preferences, head canons and imagines to Assassin's Creed.  If you're interested, my blog is nerdy-nerd.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You paced back and forth in you and Connor's room chewing on your fingernails, waiting for you partner to come home. The fury that sat in your gut as one single memory kept repeating and repeating in your head; something had happened that morning which ended up you being this way, all panicking and furious at the same time, questioning why Connor would do such a thing to you. He was a good man, he'd promised to always protect you and love you. But did that mean not breaking your heart as well? So many questions were going through your head.

"(Y/n)?" You hear Achilles call from the other side of the bedroom door. You stop abruptly in your step and turn halfway to the door.

"I-I'm fine Achilles." You reply, knowing that he didn't believe you. Achilles knew by now that by your tone of voice something was wrong, and it had to do with Connor. He knew to just let you be and deal with it once your partner came home. Oh boy, and were you.

Finally, after an hour or so from sitting on Connor's bed, you heard his soft footsteps come up the stairs, and only your head snapped up and waited for the door to come open. You then saw the door knob begin to turn. Your gut began to twist, the fury and sour feeling returning to eat you alive. You wanted to question him; why? Does this relationship mean anything to him? Is he mad at you for something? Why did he do this? You knew Connor wouldn't do such a thing like this, being unfaithful to you, he wasn't that type of man.

Finally the door swung open, and in came Connor with the most nervous face you had ever seen him with. Once he finally saw you, he stopped for a moment and looked at the floor, then proceeded to close the door softly behind him. His hands rubbed together as he slowly walked over to you, and your eyes never left him. You felt like crying, but you managed to keep everything in.

"(Y/n)," Connor began, "what you saw back at the tavern... I had nothing to do with it."

That's when you let loose.

"Didn't have anything to do with it?! Connor you practically stood there while she kissed you! Kissed you! I saw the whole bloody thing!"

He nervously rubbed the back of his neck, his dark hair fell over his shoulders as he then began to pace just as you did before. You could tell plain as day that he felt utterly guilty about all this. A reply was what you wanted, and you wanted it badly.

"Why?" You ask, tone firm, but somewhere in there your voice cracked. Your eyes were burning by now, trying to keep back the tears. One part of you wanted to forgive him, you just couldn't bring yourself to do it... yet.

Connor stuttered when he spoke, signaling to you he was having a rough time with this.

"I...I know what you saw must've hurt you greatly," Connor said as he watched you stand from the bed and then cross your arms over your chest, "but please, believe me it was by force."

"You're shitting with me." You say coldly, getting 'no' as a response.

"The woman forced herself onto me, which I was not prepared for. Which is why I never noticed you when you came into the tavern."

By then your arms were at your side. Maybe he was telling the truth.

"You never even tried to pull away?"

Connor turned to you then, walking slowly over to you and taking your hands.

"Of course I did. I came after you once you ran away. I felt so guilty for letting my guard down, for hurting you the way I did."

Connor was never much for words, he was always a nervous wreck and stuttering mess when it came to apologizing, especially to you. But it was special to you to hear him say these things, he sounded so soft, so sorry and guilty. You couldn't help but feel guilty yourself; knowing Connor wouldn't do such a thing as he did, the pain began to go away. But it still lingered in Connor's eyes, he's been through so much and deserves love in his life, and you weren't about to take it from him.

"Connor," you say as you press a hand gently to his cheek. His brown eyes studied your face as you gave him one of those sweet smiles that he always loved. Had you forgiven him?

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have run off."

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Connor let out a sigh of relief and squeezed your hands a little tighter. He leaned in, as did you, and touched your foreheads together as a moment of forgiveness.

Connor could never begin to think of becoming unfaithful to you; to see you in pain would shatter his heart, especially if it was his fault.

If he did though, he was sure to make it up to you, always.