Merlin: Outcast, the unexpected friendship

Hey guys

Yeah i know you probably thinking i am crazy or weird but yeah defiaintly addicted and most likley crazy nd weird too but i had this idea and i really wanna do it.

Ok so here is the prologue for now and you can find the description to the side and the cover.

I ho you give this a go and like the idea :P

Please give me your option on the cover as i'm not sure if its the best photo let me know its good to have feedback :P

------------------------------------

Prologue

The tears dripped down my face; my heart felt like it had been torn into a million pieces. I had been wrong. Arthur would always hate magic and that meant he would always hate me.

I saw Gaius standing in the corner and he looked at me like he was saying sorry. He had warned me. He always did but I had thought I was right like I always did when I clearly wasn’t. Now everyone would hate me and the words Arthur had said....it felt like he had put a knife to my chest and continually cut me with the knife. It felt like he kept piecing me with the knife over and over. That was how much this hurt right now.

I turned towards the council chamber doors with everyone’s eyes on me. This was it. It was all over for me and Camelot. I now had to leave it. Leave my best friend, Arthur even though to him he would never see me as that again.

I took a deep breath in before I walked towards the door. When I reached the door, I turned around to look at Arthur but he just turned his head away. He had made his final decision. I was banished from Camelot, from my home and the place I thought I would always feel secure but I guess I was wrong.

I looked away from Arthur and I left the room not looking back again. They had turned their backs on me and now I had to do the same. If they ever asked me back....I would come back in a heartbeat but that was unlikely not going to happen. I took a fast walk back to Gaius’s chamber....too pack. I would miss Camelot, Gwen, Gaius, the knights and Arthur.

None of them would miss me...apart from Gaius. He looked broken or destroyed inside too but I had no idea why. I knew he cared deeply about me and now I would be gone and he wouldn’t have me there beside him anymore. Why had I been so selfish?

I felt tears drip down my face as I began to pack all my belongings into a bag. It felt strange. It didn’t feel right. Where would I go? Go back to Eldor to live with my mum? No my mum would be disappointed or get angry and storm to Camelot, which I didn’t want.

I had nowhere to go and I clearly had no one to come with me. I couldn’t expect Gaius to come with me, he needs a secure place to live and besides Camelot will need him still. As I finished packing Gaius came into my room and brought me into a massive hug.

“Merlin you can’t leave. I will not allow this to happen,” said Gaius angrily.

“It is too late Gaius. I made the wrong choice and now I have to take the punishment. I’ll come back someday Gaius. Maybe my destiny can’t be fulfilled until I leave Camelot,” I said to him.

“Merlin....I am coming with you,” he said.

“No Gaius.....you can’t. I love you Gaius and that is why you have to stay.” I said to him before I gave him a huge hug before I put my bag around me. I looked around my room looking at how bare it looked.

“At least take some money,” he said as he went into the main part of the chamber and gave me a bag full of money.

“Gaius I cannot take this,” I began.

“You can. You need it way more than me,” he smiled.

“Thank you Gaius. I better go then. I’ll see you around Gaius,” I said to him.

“Merlin...come back someday. At least come back and see me now and again because I am getting old,” he said softly to me.

“I know Gaius and I will.”