9- Dying Is A Gift So Close Your Eyes And Rest In Peace

Picture: Annabeth's Outfit

ANNABETH

I felt emotionless and numb the rest of the day, even after preforming. A bunch of thoughts swarmed through my mind. Austin was shooting me concerned glances the rest of the day along with asking me what was wrong. I didn't tell him.

Currently I was curled into a ball in my bunk with tears running down my cheeks. I rolled on my side and faced the wall, not wanting anyone to talk to me. The curtain on my bunk was already pulled shut but in case anyone opened it and decided to try and talk to me this would show that I had no interest in talking.

The curtain was pulled open and I let out an annoyed sigh. "Go away Austin." He's been trying to talk to me ever since we got back to the beach.

"I'm not Austin." A voice replied.

Vic.

I turned to face him, he had a small smile but his eyes were full of hurt. Instantly I felt guilty. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I knew I loved Vic, but I was scared. I was scared I would get hurt again or even worse, he would get hurt. Because love just messes things up in my life, it either hurts me or someone I'm close too. I'm scared. I'm not scared of normal things like spiders or snakes or death even. I'm scared of love.

But I've fallen in love. And I know I love him. Vic collected me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I curled up on his lap and buried my head in the crook of his neck, placing a few kisses on it. Not intimate ones though, loving ones instead. "I love you." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked. I wasn't sure if he genuinely hadn't heard me or he was just shocked by what I said.

I took in a deep breath. "I love you." I said more confidently.

His grin widened and he planted kisses all over my face, except my lips. "I love you too."

I pouted and pointed at my lips. "You missed a spot." I started smiling wildly. He chuckled and pecked my lips. I loved him, I was sure of that.

And here I was, terrified of love but already fallen hard before I could realize it.

"I have an idea." Vic smiled.

"Oh god, should I be worried?" I laughed.

Vic suck out his tongue. "We haven't gone on a date yet. And we've been dating for 6 weeks and 4 days!"

"And I'm the girl in this relationship?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Shutup, will ya?" He scowled jokingly with amusement in his big eyes. "But seriously, let's go on a date. And you can't refuse because I already have it all set up and Ariana is fangirling and screaming 'Vicabeth'. So don't ruin it for her." He gave me a big grin.

When I was going to ask Vic where we were going Ariana burst through the bus, grabbed my hand and pulled me to where the bunks were. "What the actual fuck just happened?" I laughed.

"I need to get you ready for your date." She said is a 'duh' tone.

"Where is he bringing me?" I asked as she rummaged through my suitcase.

"It's a secret." She replied.

"That's stupid." I retorted, already knowing I wouldn't be able to get it out of her.

"Put this on." She demanded, throwing a floral print strapless dress and a denim jacket at me. I did as she said and walked out of the bathroom in the outfit. She smiled at her work. She put various pieces of jewelry on me- a necklace, ring, and a few string bracelets (which I was grateful for since they hid the scars and cuts on my wrists).