20

this isn't goodbye
but what if it is?

i was getting ready to get going. when walked out of my room, i saw my mum holding a picture frame of eunji and i. she turned around and her eyes were swollen. "eomma? a-are you o-okay?" i couldn't stop stuttering, i was scared that i would get yelled at and she would start breaking things around and go wild.

"I had a dream about your sister, she was telling me that, your birthday was coming up and that, your appa and I should do something." she kept her eyes on the frame and never looked up. I wanted to cry but for some reason, it was hard.

she wiped her tears away and walked to the kitchen. "why are you dressed up, are you going somewhere? I nodded and walked to the door. "take care, okay." i stopped at the door and smiled. last time i heard her say that was, forever. i started walking to the park.

It was empty but I started playing around, like I was a kid. a lot of memories came back, from when I was younger.

I stopped playing when I noticed a girl, who looked like a teenager, all by her self. I  walked up to her and sat beside her. "you know, It's dangerous for young pretty teenager like you to be alone." she smiled but it faded away.

I turned around and saw mark waving at me. I took out my phone and called him

calling tallmark

tallmark – why are you calling me when i'm right here?

minimin – give me five minutes

tallmark – okay b-

call ended

the girl looked behind me and saw mark. "you should go to your boyfriend, he seems like he doesn't like waiting!" i chuckled, i wished. " so, why are you here by yourself?" she sighed and looked across the road, where the super market was.

there was a family with two young girls and their parents, I think. "ever since my two little sisters were born, I never got the attention I wanted, I would do everything for them but I never got anything, I wasn't their daughter anymore." it suddenly reminded me of myself.

"I felt that way as well, when my little sister was born, I never got attention I wanted but I learnt how to love her later on." my voice was fading away but I kept going.

"I had enough of it and I did a stupid mistake and it caused her life, not mine." I wanted to cry but I had to stay strong, for her. "you should learn how to accept it and then maybe, you will get what you want in the end." I smiled at her and she suddenly hugged me.

"thank you, you made me learn something for the first time, and it was really helpful, now go to your boyfriend and have fun with him." I messed up her hair and she ran to her family.

I walked up be hide mark and tried to scare him, " I know you're behind me, lee minjae." fail.

"so, why are we here?" knowing him my whole life, i knew something was up with him. "are you okay?" I touched his forehead to see if he was sick but he felt fine.

"so my dad had to move back to his old job."

old j-job?

"and?"
this can't be happening to me.

"minjae, I know you know that it means, i would have to leave you here." why is everyone leaving me. It hurts so much, I knew how it felt when jinyoung left but mark was too much.

"w-when a-are you l-leaving?" this was too much, first jinyoung and now him. "in 1 hour." i sat down and looked away from him. "why tell me now?" I felt like this was a prank but it wasn't.

"I didn't know now I would explain it to you." I looked up at him and tears were rolling down his face. I smiled and wiped the tears away. "when will we see each other again?" he shrugged his shoulders and looked away.

"I promise that we'll see each other soon." he hugged me right tight before letting me go. i could hear a car stopping in front of us. "turn around and close your eyes." I did what he told me to do. "now count to twenty then turn back." I did what I was told to do.

"don't move." I stayed still and didn't move but got shocked when he back hugged me. "I'll miss you, minjae." he let go and I felt his hand put something in my bag, but I still didn't move.

It went quiet and I heard cars passing by.
"nineteen, twenty." I turned around but my heart broke to see no sign of mark anywhere. I started running to look for him hoping he didn't leave me.

I went across the road on a red light but I didn't give a fuck "don't you do this, mark than."

I kept running when suddenly everything went black.