Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I didn’t sleep well. The memories I had tried to suppress deep in my subconscious resurfaced over night and the dull wounds left from Daniels wake felt entirely too fresh for me. Instead of it being more than a week ago since I was broken it felt just like yesterday.

I screamed and clutched my chest. My soul was being torn apart all over again as the vivid dream played through my mind like a movie on repeat.

Somewhere in my mind I think I knew it was merely a dream, but I could not find my way back to reality. I was lost in my own mind with no one to bring me out of my suffering.

He rejects us, my wolf whispered. He chose another mate.

My wolf whimpered at the new realization and I wished for anything that I could in some way console her, but I was just as broken as her. I felt weak and sick. I had to grab onto the counter just to keep my balance. Daniel became concerned, but didn’t move to help me.

“She’s pregnant. Jasmine is having our pups,” he said.

No.

The pain inside me was more excruciating than I could convey. It felt as if something inside me had been ripped out. Like my soul. I felt empty now. My body was nothing, but a wasteland. Noting of importance lied within me anymore. Without Daniel I was nothing but empty and broken.

I fell to the ground on my hands and knees and cried out in pain. I rocked back in forth, holding my arms tightly around myself as if it would prevent me from completely falling apart. However, it did nothing to hold me together. I was too far gone to be saved.

“Then, I guess there is nothing left to do, but make it official, is there?” The voice was right next to me. It was him. Kieran.

“Do it,” he ordered. “The faster you do this, the quicker she will heal. Put an end to her suffering.” He ordered.

I didn’t look up, but I took it by my mates silence he was taking Kieran’s’ words into consideration. He was thinking.

“I’m so sorry, Claire.” It was Daniel who spoke. And then he continued. “I Daniel Montgomery, Alpha of the Knight Shadow pack hereby reject you, Claire Warren as my mate and Luna of this pack. Your lies are no longer to this pack therefore you may leave upon your choosing. The decision is yours. ”

All the air left my lungs while I tried to gasp for air, but it didn’t work. I could no longer breathe. My head became dizzy.

He released me, from my pack and our bond. I truly had nothing now. I was alone, completely and one hundred percent.

I was disoriented and could not focus on anything anymore. Not voices, not people, not touch or anything. My senses were useless. With a loud cry my wolf let out within me she disappeared into nothingness. I could not feel her anymore nor could I myself. I was gone. Just like her.

Someone’s arms quickly wrapped around my shoulder and held me to them while I sobbed, letting my tears hit the floor until there was nothing left.

And then I disappeared, into a dark abyss.

“Claire.”

No. He left me. He left me again. I grabbed at my chest. I-I just….I can’t. It hurts to much.

“Claire.” Someone was shaking me vigorously.