Prologue.

1966.

"Wake up, get up!" a voice shouted, echoing faintly in the small bunker where the young man was hoping to get a few more moments peace. Little did he know that the reason that he was being woken up would bring the world a whole new meaning to that word, "peace". Peace, equality; things that everyone can have in common and enjoy. Well, most people.

He shrugged the sound of the voice off and rolled onto his stomach, burying his face fully into the pillow and pulling the duvet further over his shoulders.

"What?" he mumbled half angrily, half asleep as a hand touched his shoulder from the top of the duvet.

"You seriously need to get up; we've got a breakthrough!" the same voice spoke again, a hint of joy in the male voice.

The young man sighed heavily but still refused to move, almost scowling due to how tightly he was squeezing his eyes shut. He tightened his grip on the duvet.

"Dave!" the other man shouted.

"Bloody hell!" the young man grunted, aggressively turning onto his back and exhaling dramatically as he forced his eyes open,

"This better be good," he grumbled as he studied the older man's face, scowling.

"Oh, it is, believe me!" the older man responded, widening his eyes with a grin.

Dave rolled his eyes, sitting up in the small bed and clearing his throat. He waited for the man to continue.

"Well?" Dave crossed his arms across his chest impatiently.

The older man stood up and took a deep breath, gesturing toward the door.

"Come on," he nodded as he spoke, waving his arms at the same time.

Dave squinted his eyes, tilting his head slightly. "Do I really have to get up?" he sighed heavily, shaking his head.

"Yes! You won't be disappointed, I promise!" The older man bit his lip, resting his hands in his pockets and stared at Dave.

"For Christ sake, Jack!" Dave groaned loudly as he finally forced himself to climb out of bed. He reached over for his robe and quickly slipped it on before tying it around his waist and following Jack out of the room.

Jack smiled smugly to himself, looking back at Dave a few times. "Someone's moody in a morning, hmmm, Major. T?" Jack chuckled, sitting down on the sofa in the rather large room.

"Must you call me that?" Dave stared coldly at Jack as he sat down across from him. "It's just a name that the Captain gave me, not you. It's Dave or David, to you. That's my real name," he continued to grumble, taking a deep breath.

"But you know it's what the Captain insists on." Jack shrugged.

Dave shook his head and rolled his eyes again, looking around the room. It was fairly cold in the capsule, being almost completely crafted of metal, nuts, and bolts. It was very large and the metal made it possible to hear nearly every last word of a sentence as it echoed off the walls.

Dave looked towards the window, observing closely. It was pitch black outside but the brightness of the stars made up for it; it was almost like they were dancing their beams of light through the thick, glass window and into the craft.

Dave shivered and pulled his robe around him tighter. Thoughts ran repeatedly in his head wondering what Jack or the Captain could possibly need to tell him to wake him up so early. He ran his hands through his thick, brown hair then suddenly looked up when he saw the Captain enter the room, smiling warmly.