one

Louis' POV

I entered the familiar restaurant, the smell of fresh baked cake filled the air. Wearing my all black uniform, I entered through the back, saying "hi" to my coworkers.

"Guess what?" Ashley, my favorite coworker, said.

"What" I responded while putting my backpack into my too-small locker.

"We got a new manager, his name is Harry. He's kind of a dork but he seems cool." She said while cleaning her bus tub out.

"As long as he's not a clean freak who keeps me after hours" I said, getting a clean towel ready for my shift. I was the server for the night which is my least favorite station. Ashley would be closing with me though because it was a Friday night.

"Door!" I yelled as I opened the door to the front.

"Hello there, I'm Harry, the new manager." Harry said to me almost immediately, causing me to jump a little.

"Oh, um hi my name is Louis" I said rather awkwardly, turning to clock in.
I went up to the front counter and saw a line of customers already forming.

"Great, looks like tonight's going to be busy as hell" Ashley said as I grabbed one of the prepared trays.

"Not in the mood" I said rolling my eyes causing her to nod in agreement.

Halfway through my shift Harry came up to me smiling like some creep and asked if I was making a lot of money. I shrugged and walked away. He was making me a little uncomfortable with his loud gestures and his perky ass attitude. Made me really want to punch the guy, especially on a night like this.

After closing, Ashley and I began sweeping the floor which usually took half an hour. We talked about the night and the shitty amount of tips we made. The café we worked at paid by the hour so tips were not mandatory but they were appreciated. So to not make at least 20 on a Friday night fucking sucked.

"How are you guys doing?" Harry asked us looking happy as always.

"We're good, thanks" Ashley replied without looking up. I turned to look at him but to my surprise, he was gone.

"Where the hell did he go?" I asked Ashley, still facing the other direction.

"I'm right here." Harry said, I looked in front of me and there he was. Taking the broom and dustpan away from me. He smiled, and I couldn't help but notice how nice his smile actually was. No wonder that asshole always showed it off. "I'll finish sweeping for you if you can start mopping."

"Oh, alright. Thanks man" I headed to the back where we keep the mop and bucket. That was fucking weird, I think to myself. Since when did the managers actually help with cleaning up? I think I might actually like this guy.

Harry's POV

It was my first day as a manager at a new café. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I had the closing shift because it was the easiest and the general manager didn't want to overwhelm me. As soon as I got there, I introduced myself to the employees and they seemed genuinely nice. When a guy named Louis came through the door I was taken aback by his looks. I don't recall ever seeing anyone that was so effortlessly beautiful. He looked like he had just come from a Marc Jacobs runway but had actually just woken up. He was shy and didn't talk to me much which was a let down. When it came to closing, I decided to try again, maybe offer him a hand. I swept for him but he only said four measly words to me. Maybe it's for the best considering I can't get involved with one of my employees. Plus, who could actually like the tall nerd with dimples? Definitely not Louis.