Unforgettable Impression - Niall Horan

BY BEL WATSON

Imagine . . .

It's one of those days.

Some days are bad, others are terrible, and others you can only describe as shitty. Yet, others are even worse, days that make you wonder what you did wrong to deserve such punishment,days that you describe with the well-known meme "the Lord is testing me."

Today is one of the latter, in which you debate whether to jump off the highest floor, let a plane run you over, or bang your head against a wall until you crack it. The true question is, which one will give you at least a small sense of satisfaction?

It began with your cell phone's preemptively assuming it was time to change time zones . . . again. Hence you were an hour late for your flight. When you realized what had happened, the ensuing panic had you running faster than Harry Styles does upon hearing "Free Stupid Tattoos."

Of course, you've forgotten quite a few things that you only now remember, on your way to the airport. Still, that can be fixed. You decide to focus instead on the trip; you were going to spend time with that online friend you met through Wattpad from Sheffield,the location for the last One Direction concert prior to their upcoming hiatus. When you jokingly suggested you should meet for the first time and go to that concert together—for moral support because there was no way you could survive the last concert alone—she said yes and it suddenly became a reality. It was time to plan every detail and, most important, get those tickets—for which you almost became a hacker to keep the website from crashing. Time went by until everything was covered and the day to take your plane to meet her had arrived.

Your day keeps going downhill with your flight, of course,delayed the nice amount of two hours. You started considering just jumping on the first plane to the UK you can find, even if it means hanging from the wing. Desperate times, desperate measures.

Because you spent almost all your savings on that concert ticket, you couldn't get a direct flight. The delay of your first flight makes you late for your next one, which obviously makes you want to see heads rolling. You might be a psychopath.

But, oh, come on. Not all is bad, right?

"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience we've caused you,miss. Please accept our apologies," a man in suit and tie with a bright and perfectly practiced smile tells you just as you're about to cause a scene in front of everyone in the airport.

Your nostrils expand as you take a sharp breath, doing your utmost best to control your inner Hulk.

"Don't worry, we will get you a new ticket for our soonest flight to the UK."

"When would that be?" you ask.

But the man just smiles, tense and a bit nervous.

At least the company takes responsibility and gets you a new ticket, ten hours later, but still, you're going to get to the UK. And because karma isn't a total bitch, you end up in executive class,which is really nice. First row!

This is basically the only good thing of your the-Lord-is-testing-me day. It's probably the stress of the day, or that you haven't eaten anything but a small order of fries, but when they give you your food on the plane, you gobble it up.

Almost as soon as you finish, you start feeling unwell.

It's like your guts are playing Twister, which is really bad timing.You're flying across the Atlantic, so it's not like you can shout to the pilot to stop because you need to use a proper restroom.But then your whole body tenses and a little squeak escapes your lips as the ache gets stronger. Your body is getting hot, and it seems you're breaking out in a cold sweat.