Chapter 6

Y/N'S POV

  I was woken up the next morning by Krypto licking my face.

  Normally, I would push him away, but I just giggled and rubbed his head saying,"Morning to you, too. Does Superman know you are here boy?"

  I heard the familiar, yet loving voice say,"Oh, he knows.."

  I turned and Superman was leaning on my terrace. I was guessing that that must be his favorite spot..I ignored his reply and squealed, hugging him.

  Superman chuckled and hugged back, but he let go saying,"Darling, you are crushing my present for you.."

  I quickly apologized and pulled away from the hug. Superman handed me flowers and smiled down at me, before he kissed me slowly.
  I kissed back and tightly held the flowers in my hand. Superman put his over mine, and I thought this was the cutest thing ever.

  I slowly pulled away, after I heard my alarm clock go off for work. Oh no, I was late!! I started to panic and hoped Jimmy or Clark made an excuse for me, because I had never been late before.

  Superman noticed and worriedly said,"Honey, what's wrong?"

  I sent him an apologetic look and sincerely said,"I would love to spend time with you, but I have to get to work. I am so late!!"

  I quickly got dressed, brushed my teeth, and checked myself over in the mirror.

  Superman turned back around and picked me up bridal style saying,"Do not worry, I will get you there."

  I blushed at being carried by Superman, yet I leaned into his embrace. Superman hurriedly flew me to the Daily Planet, before he dropped me off at the front entrance. I spotted Lois talking to Jimmy.

  Jimmy spotted me and ran over to me saying,"Y/N, where have you been? We thought something had happened to you.."

  Lois grunted and rolled her eyes looking to the side.

  Jimmy corrected himself saying,"Well, I thought something had happened to you. Do not worry, I just made an excuse for Perry to not send someone after you.."

  I smiled at Perry worrying about me, because he had been through some things lately. Superman still had his arms wrapped around me; Jimmy took full notice of it, too.

  I blushed saying,"Jimmy, this is Superman. Right, you know that already.."

  Jimmy chuckled and Superman shook Jimmy's hand, before he re-wrapped his arms around my waist.

  I blushed even more while I said,"He's my uh.."

  Superman finished for me saying,"Her boyfriend. Y/N, I have to go. See you later?"

  I nodded and Superman wished me luck, before he flew off.

  I turned to Jimmy and Lois walked over to me saying,"I see you have got yourself a man..my man.."

  I rolled my eyes and scoffed saying,"HE WAS NEVER YOURS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!! JUST BECAUSE HE HAPPENS TO SHOW UP AFTER YOU GET YOURSELF KNOCKED OFF OF A BUILDING MEANS NOTHING?!!"

  Jimmy tried to hold it in, but he laughed a little bit.

  Lois gave me that same dirty look and got in my face saying,"You do not know who you are messing with Y/N. Watch your back.."

  Lois brushed past me, before she just stood next to Jimmy and talked to him. What was it about her that made her think that Superman would drop to his knees?
  I definitely did not see it, but maybe it was her courage or strength to do dangerous things.

  No, no, you were not considering this..Do not let it get to your head-I thought.

  I ran my hand down my face, before I saw Clark running towards me. I looked at him in confusion, but saw something heading my way. Clark pushed me down, before he covered over me.

  As he protected me, there was something very familiar about it. His embrace..it felt..it just felt familiar.

  Clark finally let go and helped me up saying,"Are you all right? I am sorry if I was too close, but I just wanted to make sure you did not get hurt.."

  I nodded and hesitated, but my hand on Clark's face and said,"Thank you, Kent. That. That meant a lot to me. I-"

  Clark nodded and smiled down at me saying,"No need to say anything else. It was no problem..Y/N, are you sure everything is okay?"

  I went to tell Clark the truth, but Lois pulled Clark away from me.

  She ran her hand up Clark's arm and said,"Kansas, are you busy this weekend?"

  What was she doing?

  Clark cleared his throat and uncomfortably said,"Lois, would...would you please let go of my arm. What are you-"

  Lois immediately kissed Clark and Clark stood there not knowing what to do. For some reason, I could feel my heart breaking.

  Tears formed in my eyes and Jimmy said,"Y/N, what is it? Y/N?!!"

  I ran off and got into my car, before I drove off and headed home. From the corner of my eye, I could see Clark pushing Lois off. I finally made it home and ran up to my bedroom. I crashed onto my bed and sobbed loudly.

  I felt hands turn me over, and I looked up to see Superman.

  I pushed his hands away and sobbed saying,"Go away.."

  Superman pulled me up and held me in his arms saying,"Darling, I don't understand-"

  I cut Superman off saying,"How could you not tell me, Clark? You thought I would not notice your touch from anywhere."