Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Chapter 4

Sawyer stepped forward, the amused twinkle in his eyes slowly fading. I had yet to see such an expression cross his face. It was somewhere between shock and looking impressed. Mostly, it was nice not to see his lips in the form of a cocky smile. 

"You are something else," he said slowly. "What is it you want?"

Though it was hard to admit, I'd been so distracted by the was he was looking at me that I hadn't been prepared to answer that question. And to be honest, I hadn't planned for any of this. I just wanted him to know that he was making a fool of himself by sending dirty texts to a number he thought belonged to someone else. But Sawyer was a powerful guy around school. There had to be something he could do for me...

Jack's face entered my mind and I immediately loathed my stupid, pathetic brain for thinking about him.

There was one thing that Sawyer could help me with. It was embarrassing enough to admit to even myself, so I figured having to ask Sawyer for such a favor would be humiliating. But right about now it seemed like he was the only person that might be able to help.

"Well?"

"You know almost everyone that goes here, right? You have good connections?" I asked.

Sawyer sighed. "Is that even a question? If you need to know something I'm the one you ask. But always at a price."

"Whatever," I said, knowing that the price of asking him for a favor would be telling him about Josh. "I need you to find out if Jack Davis is you know, seeing anyone. Or if he was with anyone over the summer. Maybe even before then."

As I said the words, I felt an embarrassed blush creep across my cheeks. Sawyer shook his head. "You want to know why he broke up with you, don't you?"

"Oh don't sound so judgey," I replied, crossing my arms over my chest. Sawyer had no reason to judge me when I knew about his dirty sexting problem.

"Well I am judging. That's kind of pathe—"

"Don't you want to hear what I got on you?" I interrupted, a smug smile coming across my face.

His eyes narrowed. "You're lying, I can tell."

"A talent of yours, huh? Being able to tell when someone is lying?"

"Yes, one of many."

I looked down at my fingernails and picked at them as if I were uninterested in the whole subject. Truthfully, I was itching to reveal his mistake. "Well I'd take sexting off that list of many great talents. You're shit at it."

Sawyer's eyebrows shifted down in confusion, his face a priceless expression of bewilderment. "What?"

"I want you to tease me 'till I beg you to fuck me, kitten," I said, trying desperately not to laugh hysterically. 

My efforts did not last long. In a matter of seconds I was bent over with my hands on my knees, laughing uncontrollably at the mortified look that had crossed Sawyer's face. When I was finally able to control myself, I found Sawyer's eyes narrowed in my direction, his lips pulled into a thin, disapproving line.

"I didn't know you were friends with Daphne," he said carefully.

"I'm not. I've never actually spoken to her."

"Then how—"

"You shouldn't have flirted with Josh's girlfriend, or even looked at her. It seems to have caused a lot of trouble," I pointed out, smiling in satisfaction as Sawyer struggled to put two and two together.

I did not have all day for this. "He took my number off the tutoring board, gave it to you and told you it was Daphne."

Sawyer held his hand up, as if to cut me off from saying anything more. "I got it. You don't need to explain."