Chapter 11: Homesick

sorry for the kinda late update, but please vote and comment- :

Chapter 11 –  HOMESICK

Shavannah

I awoke to a nagging pain at the back of my head and my shoulders throbbing slightly. Actually my whole body was throbbing slightly. I took a deep breath and there was a pungent smell in the air that made me flinch. It smelled of mostly dirt, leaves and other earthly matter...and also a strong scent of...iron. Blood?

I then felt something running down my forehead and I had an inkling that I was bleeding. I was too scared to find out.

"Ow," I murmured as I attempted to move my shoulders. What in the world happened? I wondered before finally looked up and the sight in front of me was very unexpected to say the least.

There were three people standing over me. Three men actually. Each one of them stood crowded over me defensively, almost as if ready to attack...

A shaky breath left me once I realized what one of them carried in their hands. A stick with a very sharp point. What the hell did I just put myself into?

My jaw fell open as my eyes scanned the men in front of me. Just as I was mulling over the idea of whether I should scream or not all my memories came plowing over me like a tidal wave. I remembered now, and I wanted to smack myself. Here I had gone and broken into these people's home and about to scream at them for being where they had the right to be? Hm... Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly the best idea for me to go barging in this strange cabin after all. Where did I even get the ludicrous idea to do so? What the hell possessed me to break in?

I figured I'd better say something, however, "Um..." was the only thing I managed to utter from my lips.

One of the strangers stepped forward. There was a furious scowl on his face that made my heart stop. His nose was scrunched up and his nostrils were flaring with such anger that I could feel it radiating towards me. His eyes were the lightest shade of blue that I've ever seen and his eyebrows were furrowed in such a way it shaped a deep letter 'V,' which may I add was the scariest fucking thing ever. Everything about him screamed villain.

As if that wasn't enough to scare me shitless he growled, "Who sent you here?" I tried to get up, move away to put some space between me and this vindictive looking man. But as soon as I attempted to lift myself there was a force that pulled me back to a hard material underneath me.

When I finally brought myself to look down at my body my jaw nearly fell off my face. I was tied to a broken table. Holy—

"I won't ask you again," the menacing man bellowed, "Who. Sent. You. Here?"

I shook my head frantically, "I-I don't know what you mean!" I blurted out quickly only earning confused looks by the three, "N-Nobody sent me." I said hoping to God that they would understand.

One of them, the one with brownish hair, jabbed the wooden stake forward threateningly with a glare. I eased back with wide eyes. "Did the Red Guards send you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. The Red Guard? "What?"

"The Queen's goonies," another one said. It was the one who stood behind the other two men. He didn't seem as frightening at the other two guys. In fact he didn't hold the similar scowls on the others faces, he did however possess a calculating look. He narrowed his eyes at me when I shook my head.

"So it was the King who sent you?"

What? "I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is America: a democratic country—we don't exactly have a King or a Queen..."