Gushing And Munching

Gushing and Munching

Katelyn's POV

"-and it's due tomorrow." The teacher finished and the bell rang.

Groans echoed through the classroom. I gathered my stuff and left.

Seconds later, Olivia was by my side. "Hey, what's due tomorrow? I wasn't paying attention." She asked.

"A 5,000 word essay about why we shouldn't chew gum in class and put it under our desks and chairs. Just because Oliver was chewing gum and put it under his desks." I said and Olivia groaned.

"Mrs.Welsh is annoying. Just because she can't get a date doesn't mean she has to make our lives miserable." Olivia says and I chuckle.

"So how's your mom?" I ask while putting my stuff in my locker.

"She's doing fine I guess. It's a lot to take in, but I'm dealing with it." Olivia answered.

"Has she considered getting an abortion?" I asked, shutting my locker.

"I mentioned it to her. But she wants the baby apparently." Olivia said and rolled her eyes.

"Why?" I ask while we walk.

"I don't really know. I guess she forgot how much money is used on babies. I won't be surprised when I don't have food and the baby does. Speaking of which, can I come over to your house after school? I don't feel like being around my mom or dad right now." Olivia questioned.

I nodded my head. "But wait, what did your dad do?"

"He didn't do anything. It's just hard not telling him the truth. My mother has even gone as far as sleeping on the couch just to keep her secret." Olivia explains and I nod my head again.

"Oh." Is all I choose to say and we turn a corner.

"Enough about me and my depressing life. Tell me more about what happened last night with Ryan." Oliva looked at me with googly eyes and I rolled my eyes.

After Ryan had left last night, I told her about what happened. Then this morning, she made me tell her again. While we were in class, she made me text her the story.

"I told you like a thousand times." I said and groaned.

"How about a thousand and one times?" Oliva begged and hit me with the puppy dog eyes.

"No. It's lunch time and I want to relax." I say and she gives up.

"Fine." Olivia says with a sigh and we sit at our table.

"It's just so romantic! Don't look now, but Prince Charming is coming your way." Olivia warns and I smile.

Ryan wraps his arms around my neck and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "Hey beautiful. I had the worst morning." He says sitting down. Then he moves his arms to my waist.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I didn't get to see your face." He answers and my heart melts.

"Awwwwee!" Olivia says, obviously gushing over us.

Ryan just smiles awkwardly and looks back at me. "Guess what?"

"What?" I question.

Ryan slowly moves his head to my ear and whispers, "I love you."

My smile widens. "I love you too!" I say back and Olivia awe's again.

"Yo' Ryan, we're about to go to football practice. You coming with?" Brady, one of Ryan's friends ask.

Ryan looks at me. "It's okay. Go have fun with your friends." I tell him.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? Do you want me to stay?" He asked and I smiled again.

"I'm sure. Go ahead." I answer and he gives me a long kiss on my lips.

"I miss you already!" He yells as he runs to catch up with his friends.

I sigh in satisfaction and then I notice Olivia smiling creepily at me. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Mhm. Just loving all the love in the air!" She swoons and I look down at the table awkwardly.

"Playing the slut game again Katelyn, I see!" I hear someone shout over at me.

I turn around slowly and come face to face with.....

James.