First Day Jitters

Incase you didn't know, my name is Calvin Note. I'm a twenty-five year old virgin and I have no social life. Some describe me as a small man. I, however, believe I'm of decent height. Because 5'6" isn't bad right?

Anyway, I used to work for a film producer as his assistant but after they found out I was gay and I needed a raise they fired me. It could have also been because I may have slapped that dick of a boss I had, but I am not going on the record of saying that. I was also hired yesterday by Slider Inc. and my first day just so happens to be this fine day.

Wish me luck.

My mornings are always the same. Shower, dress, groom, eat, and leave. It seems pretty organized but I think I left out the part where I fall asleep many times in my cereal bowl. Oh well.

On my way to my first day, I think about the reason for this high class company to hire me, a barely middle class gay with no work background. What's even weirder is the fact that the man who hired me knew my name, like the whole name.

I'm not even sure on what my job is. The memo I got in my email is the pay, time, and address. Plus the office number where I am supposed to be at in 5 minutes.

Although I am slow in the morning once you put me in a car I'm biting rubber. I made it to the huge skyscraper labeled Slider Inc. with three minutes to spare. I try not to pat my self on the back as I exit my car. I stare wide eyed at the valet they had placed in the back of the building. He is handsome I admit. A working guy, I like that. Of course I don't flirt or anything just handed over my keys and told him my name. When I try to tip him but he refused and simply smiled.

Doesn't anybody else smell the weirdness of this entire situation I have myself in?

The lobby of said building is a mix of new age office and new age with tall windows and edgy chairs of various colors. The long line of receptionists (count of 5) looks well primped and professional. I scurry my way over to the counter and smile.

"Good morning I'm-" I start.

"Calvin Note?" She questions with a dimpled smile.

I just nodded taken aback. How does everyone and their brother know my name? Am I wearing a name tag?!

"You're here to see..." She looks down at her Mac computer and types something quickly. "Oh yes, Mr. Tame's 8:00!"

I nod happily even though I have no idea what she's talking about.

"Here's your id and your key," she shoves a lanyard at me attached is exactly what she said. She clasps her hands in front of her excitedly. "Now, Mr. Note, you'll go to those elevators over there-" she points to the block of elevators to our right. "-and then you'll put this card-" she points at my ID "-in the slot you'll see in the wall. Then you'll push floor 34 to get to your meeting."

I great fully thank her and follow her directions. The elevator shook as it went at light speed to the 34 floor. Jesus this is a large building.

The elevator opens and I am met by a very skinny looking women. She smiles. She looks as if she's been waiting for me to arrive.

"I'm Courtney Heming, I'm Mr. Tame's secretary. This is Mr. Tame's personal floor. Here is your paper work you'll need to fill out and return to the receptionist in the lobby." She quickly turns and hands me a stack of papers a foot tall. "Most of those are just handbooks that you need to sign as in saying you I agree to the terms and conditions, blah blah blah. I see you already have your ID and key."

I nod quickly which probably makes me look like a bobble head.

"That's it have a lovely first day and-" she pushes herself close up to the counter so she can whisper to me, "Don't be scared, everything will be just fine."

I smile great fully and walk toward the elevators For some reason her words comforted me. It was like the cooing of a mother to her child. The encounter was caring and calming.

Especially after Courtney's talk I feel prepared and ready for my meeting with the head honcho Mr. Slider.