The Storms of the Heart: Part 2

I started to panic. Everyone knows its impracticable for any human being to walk through a bloody tree! Human being. I started to think hard. ‘What if— no, no. That’s impossible.’ I thought to myself. But what if I’m not human?

Then something hit me; the night before, the night before was probably all real; not a dream after all!

As I sulked back to the house, lost in thoughts, dumbfounded of what I had discovered, a vision came into view.

A man clothed in leaves was smiling down merrily at a small baby he was holding. There was a extraordinary glow around him that reminded me of a soft, peaceful breeze. The man had green sparkling eyes, and jet-black hair. I heard a tiny squeal coming from the baby, and suddenly the vision was focused on it. It had dark chocolate colored hair and its eyes were shifting colors from blue to green to grey to brown. Swiftly, I noticed the small child was me.

The vision became hazy and I was just staring at the emptiness of the forest.

I prolonged my way back home and by the time I returned, I was starved. I walked past the kitchen and up the stairs.

It seemed without end before I reached the top of the stairs after my walk through the woods. I unhurriedly shuffled into my bedroom and grabbed the wooden tray of food, still sitting my dresser, and went to the kitchen to reheat it up in the microwave.

After I finished my breakfast, I grabbed my car keys and headed quickly out of the house and headed for the London Mall.

As I was driving, the enthralling vision would not get out of my head. Who was the man in the leaves and sparkling green eyes if the baby was me?

I pulled into the London Mall parking lot and got out. I started was walking to the doors when I noticed a group of gothic people glancing over at me as if I was a threat to them. And once I reached the doors, they started to follow.

I walked around everywhere in the mall, to see if they would do the same. And yes, they were still stalking after me. I finally gained up the courage to turn around.

“Can I help you guys with something?” I snapped.

“Elana Warner?” a guy about my age said with his deep voice.

“H-How the heck do you know my name?” I wondered if they were aware I was beginning to quiver.

“Just watch your step.” A girl stated unconvincingly.

“What?” I was stunned. Who were these people? As I was lost in my wonders, they left me, speechless.

I decided to disregard what they had said and make my way on to the Journey’s store to buy myself a new pair of converse.

“Hello, can I help you.” A woman in her twenties with piercing and tattoos asked me as I walked in.

“Yeah, can I try on a pair of grey converse size 7?” I request.

“Yeah sure. Go ahead and sit down while I go get them from the back.” So I sat down on the chair behind me.

Unexpectedly, I felt a gust of wind. I felt someone behind me so I turned around and a good-looking guy around age 18 was there. He had brown hair and brown eyes.

“Hey.” He smiled, his voice reassuring and deep, “Do you mind me sitting here?”

“Um- uh… No not at all.” I felt like a complete idiot! I was astounded how he made me feel.

“Hi, I’m David.” He remarked.

“I’m Elana.” We shook hands. At that moment the sales woman came out of the back room.

“Ok, size 7?” she then looked up from the box of shoes in her hand, “Oh, I’m so sorry. Did I—“

“No your fine!” I slightly laughed, feeling embarrassed. I quickly tried on the shoes and they fit so I bought them.

I walked out of the store, and surprisingly, David followed. “So,” I started, “Who are you exactly?”

“Well, it depends on a persons perspective. Who exactly am I in this world?” He chuckled laughing at his response.

I just looked at him expressionlessly.

He stared back, mocking my expression, and whispered “I’ve seen you before.” He said it in soothing voice.

“Then you much be mistaken.” I blushed,

“No? Were you not in the forest this morning?” He said casually.

“Y-Yes…. How did you know?” I replied anxious.

“It’s a secret.” He smirked childishly.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

A small smile formed onto his luscious lips, “You will find out.”

And at the he walked away, leaving me taken aback.

____________

When I got home, I crashed on my bed and went into a deep dreamless sleep.