My Angel

Tobias's POV
Tris has been coughing in her sleep all night. I had to wake her up in the middle of the night to give her cough medicine. I know that when she wakes up, she's not gonna be feeling well, so when I woke up I went and got her soup and sprite for her throat. I really don't know how to take care of someone.
I hear groaning from the room as I'm about to put my gun under the couch. I walk into the bedroom to see a pale looking Tris trying to get up. She falls back on the bed. I go over to her and help her up, Tris holding onto my shoulders.
"Can you walk me to the bathroom?" She asks, her face growing red with embarrassment. I nod. I know that if I tell her not to be embarrassed it'll just make it worse. "Can you please hand me my sweats and one of my shirts?" I walk over to the closet and take out what she asked for. I open the door slightly and throw the clothes in there.

Minutes later Tris opens the door and slowly walks out

Minutes later Tris opens the door and slowly walks out. I follow her out of the room. I hate thag she's sick. She sits down on the couch. Her nose is red and sbe keeps swallowing, letting me know that her throat is hurting like I thought it would be. I drop down next to her.
"Are you okay?" I ask, my voice full of concern. She nods. She swallows again as she rests her head on my shoulder. I don't know why, but right now I'm very happy that I didnt skip shoulders in the training room yesterday.
"I love you Angel," I say. She laughs. The door swings open. I jump up, making Tris fall to the ground. As if by instinct I pull out my gun and aim it at the door, clicking the bullet in place.
Zeke comes in followed by four people in grey. I recognize her mom from visiting day. It's her parents, but who are the other two. Zeke throws up his hands up in surrender. Tris's dad and the two others do to. Her mom doesn't, I know remember that Tris said that her mom was born Daughntless. I lower the gun and tuck it in the hem of my pants. Tris is still struggling to get up because she's sick. I scrunch down and let her grab onto me. She holds onto my arms. I gentally set her down on the couch. She looks at who's in the room and becomes even paler.
"Zeke, what the fuck is going on?" I say. I now realize how rude that might have sounded to her family.
"Eric just told me to bring them here and gave me a key." With that, Zeke runs out of the house, slamming the door behind him.
"Caleb," Tris says. Okay, so the boy's her brother. (In this Tris has a older sister and Caleb didn't transfer 😉). "Raelee, mom, dad, what are you doing here?" Tris asks, her voice very scratchy.
"I don't care what ypu say Tris, I'm giving you medicine," I say. I make a gesture towards the couch. They all file over there. Raelee and Tris are looking at each other as if they're talking telepathically. I go back over and hand the medicine to her which she takes.
"What are you guys doing here?" Tris asks. I can tell it hurts her to talk. Tris's dad is glaring daggars at me as well as her brother. I glare back; it's the only thing I think to do.
"We heard you passed initiation and wanted to come see you," Mrs.Prior says.
"Who is he?" Her brother and her dad ask.
"Four, he's my-my boyfriend," she says shyly. Her father now glares at her, making me take a step closer to her. No ones gonna look at her like that. Especially her own father.
"Dad he makes me happy," She says. Her mom smiles up at me as well as Raelee. That must be her sister.
"You look very familiar," Caleb says. Oh shit. Well, this is her family and I have to introduse myself right?
"My names Tobias Eaton. You know, the one who all you guys think is a traiter. The guy who Erudite is making articals about. How his father abused him. Well, nice to meet you," I say. Tris's mom gives me a look that shows that she already knew. Her brother and sister look scared for some reason and her dad is fuming angry. He stands up.
"Tris you can't be with him. What if those articala are true. He's probably just like Marcus. He'll turn to you and then what. Come on we're leaving," Her dad says, grabbing Tris's arm and yanking her up. I've never seen another abnegation act like this other than my father. She winces in pain. One, she's most likely still sore from getting done with training. Two, she's sick.
"Don't touch her like that," I say deathly calm. He looks at me with pure hatred. "Let go of her arm."
He lets go, sadly making her trip over my foot. I catch her. I set her back on the couch. "You okay Angel?" I ask. Where the hell did this nickname come from. I don't care right now.
Tris's dad leaves the house. Raelee and Tris hug. Tris whispers something to her mom. Her mom nods and offers her hand out to me.
"I don't care that those rumora might be true. If you make my daughter happy and love her, you have my blessing and so much more," Her mom tells me. She leaves. Tris looks as if she's nearly close to dead. I pick her up and bring her to the bedroom. I lay her down on the bed and we fall asleep together. She's my angel. My good side. And I'm her protector.

AU: Second Chapter!!! I hope y'all liked this chapter. Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters. Be brave 🎡🚊🔪