5

And the square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle... I suggest you head for Meles Two. It's the nearest inhabited planet, and the people are friendly. Where you go from there is your business. This is the Neutral Zone. Nobody can claim anything. They'd come back even younger. Injector status? That's suicide, Data. Our computer was daydreaming... ? ...carry...it. There was nothing provocative about what she did. What - you're afraid I'd try to escape? What would that get me? You'd still have her. And besides... where would I go? And I'm very much against it. Lutan is clearly a liar, and devious. Counselor Troi has admitted she believes him capable of killing. It is my duty to keep the captain out of danger, sir. Captain, this is Riker. Yes... probably true... but, she will be difficult to forget. And what is our acceleration delay between slow-reverse impulse and top warp speed? One question. Can we do the same thing with the Enterprise? Helm a hundred eighty degrees about. Get us out of here, Geordi... Yes, sir. And if you don't mind... ... I'll ask Counselor Troi to look these visitors over. Bet is twenty-five to you, Lieutenant. Soren... I love you. I'm setting this to Level Sixteen, wide field. That should destroy half of this building... Unless, of course, it isn't a real phaser.

American. Fifty-two stars - that would date it between 2053 and 2079 A.D. Captain... Miss Henshaw. What could do that? Like putting a fish in a bucket of water... Make that "we." Then what's causing it to move? We'll take action in a few moments. Welcome back, Captain, and you're wanted in the lounge. But that's toward Engineering. Don't you see - the disappearance of Mark Twain... one of the most noted literary figures of the nineteenth century... So far, the only one who doesn't seem affected by all this is Data... Bridge. Engage! ... for thirty hours... ? It's never taken you more than four. You're not capable of that kind of incompetence, La Forge. Your house - with your permission I'd like to look inside. Geordi, anything more on the Vulcan ships... ? A complete sensor scan of the planet and three survey probes turned up no surprises. No sign of life, nothing out of the ordinary. It's been fifteen years. Excitement is hardly the appropriate emotion. Is he alive? What's the other option?

So that gives you the right to assault us, and rob us, and - Understood. Energize. Captain... The crystal thing has begun to move away. Can we access it from here? Yes, sir... Captain - this is incredible. I have just entered what appears to be the nursery. Obviously we've underestimated their technology, Captain... Enterprise, extend shields! If I'm right, you're not really here... and this isn't a real phaser... It's all a fantasy, and I'm ending it no matter what it takes... Why would anyone want a Vulcan deflector? Horatio? Isn't that Walker Keel's ship? Let's get to work. We make no effort to restrict access to our medical supplies. Captain Scott... perhaps there are a few things we should talk about. Amazing. I never thought I would ever see a Romulan ship - not this close. Have you stopped thinking about us? You mean - besides "pride." Well, it's a good thing in this case, because I probably don't have a chance. You said she was adopted... could she be an alien? You're looking better. She was part of a very special program.

She has to find them first. Ramsey and his bunch have been fugitives for years. I suspect he's pretty good at evading capture. As cold as it sounds we're going to have to treat this mission as if it never happened. Everything will remain exactly as it was before we arrived. Data? What the hell happened? I'm aware of that. But disrupting our transporter beam is one thing. Firing on a shuttle is something else entirely. I'm betting they're not gonna push it that far. And that's not all!! Welcome aboard the Enterprise. I'm Commander William Riker, your first officer. Those of you who are here as replacements will step outside and Lieutenant Lewis will assign you to crew quarters. Ensign, you are here on the exchange program, you'll follow Mister Crusher. But at least they knew their enemy better than we do. Maybe they even knew how they got into trouble... they just didn't know how to get out. How could I not be comfortable? I'm being waited on hand and foot. Is there any known instance of Romulans using the E-band for communications? Come in. Shut down all active sensors, passive scanners only. Deflectors to minimum emissions. Agreed. I know! Thank you, Data. How could the second pattern have maintained its integrity? But you said their sensors didn't work in this tunnel. Number and type of ships, Mister Crusher? Does it involve a lot of needles... because I just hate needles... Shields up; activate photon torpedoes! Computer, analysis of signal... Well then, why not let everyone in on it? Thank you. I learned quite a bit.