Love Elevator 16 - Libby

Thanks to Tsubame for the wonderful banner ^^

***

-Recap-

 “Please . . .” I begged her.

She sighed and then said, “Fine! I need to let it out too. It’s been killing me from inside.”

“I know. I see the pain in your eyes. You need to trust me.” I told her.

She nodded and said, “I do. I don’t know why, but I do. I am not the kind of girl that trusts people easily.”

After saying that, she explained their reasons for fighting. I wished I was there to protect her, but I wasn’t. There was nothing I could do. I could only comfort her and tried to make her let go of her past. It wasn’t going to be so easy, but I was very determined to try.

****

Libby

After I poured out my heart and sobbing hysterically, I knew that he felt awkward. He didn’t know what to do. But actually, his presence was enough for me. I enjoyed hugging him. Then he suddenly said that he was afraid of boobies. What the heck? I looked at him in disbelief and asked him what he said just now. Maybe I heard him wrong.

But, he repeated the same sentence, so I didn’t hear him wrong. I laughed out loud and shook my head in disbelief. I giggled and asked him whether he said it just to comfort me or not. He insisted that he told me the truth, so I demanded his reason. He made me forget my problems. When I wanted to know his past, he demanded me to do the same. He wanted to know my past too.

He teased me that nothing was free in this world. I smiled at him and I blurt out my thought randomly. I wanted to know more about him and it made him know that I was interested in him. He asked me that and I denied him. There was no way I would tell him that I actually did have an interest in him. I asked him to play truth or dare, after he told me the reason.

He agreed with me and told me the story. I could feel that he was shuddering, when he told me everything. While I had a pitiful past, he had a funny near-death experience. He was almost choked to death by two big boobs! That was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. I laughed so hard until my stomach hurt. He pouted at me and complained, when I said I was glad that he didn’t die or else I would be stuck here by myself.

I told him that I was kidding and I kissed his nose. Gosh! I’ve never been so carefree. Kissing him felt so right. I wasn’t keen on being touched by people, but he seemed to melt my defense with his childish behavior and his kindness. Who would cuddle a girl that he’d just met awhile ago and not took advantage of her? I bet no one would do that.

He asked me the reason why my parents fought. Well, more like begging me to tell him about it. I knew that I should let it out. I’d never been to a therapist before. I was good at masking my feelings or my fear of darkness. I didn’t like to be seen as a weak person. For I am not. I took a deep breath and thought about her again. Her as in my real mom.

****

Deep inside my heart, I knew that something was wrong with my mom. However, I was too small to understand or to remember about it. If I thought about it, she always had tense feeling and had difficulty concentrating. I always saw the black bag under her eyes.

“Mommy, why do you have black thing under your eyes?” I remembered asking about it once.

“It’s because Mommy can’t sleep, honey.” She explained to the little me, but I just thought that it was because she wanted to play just like me. I always pretended to sleep at night, because I wanted to play with my dolls.