Chapter 45

"Red! We need to help him." Julia wailed in a quivering voice, desperately holding onto Matthew as she continued to secure his wound. He was fully unconscious now, and she was too mortified to check whether he still had a pulse or not. Red crouched down and felt a point on his neck and wrist before releasing a sigh. Julia's heart broke.

"His pulse is weak and fluttery." She murmured before bringing the collar of her dark red suit to her lips. "I need medical assistance immediately, east side of the building. Knife wound directly to the stomach, victim unconscious, heavy blood loss. Get over here ASAP." Purposely failing to mention that the victim was an enemy agent, Red moved to better secure the makeshift gauze, patting down on the wound to assure minimal blood loss. Red handed Julia a communications unit.

"Where are my parents?" She whispered, taking in Red's disheveled form as she hooked it up.

"Heading to Samil."

"They aren't alone, are they?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" Julia echoed, stress clear in her voice. "Samil has a collection of agents with him! How will two people fight when they're out numbered?"

"We split off early in the invasion. They planned to have a team with them, but I'm not aware if there's been changes." Red explained, her pale eyes shooting to her student. Julia was able to sense the anger that radiated off her, and she tried not to gulp in alarm. "Your parents are one of the best tag-team groups there are in Virtus. I wouldn't be worried about them right now."

"Where's my team?"

"They're close by."

"And the medics?"

"Them as well."

"This is all my fault—"

"You aren't entirely to blame. This only started because we didn't erase Samil in the past." Red corrected, staring at Matthew and checking his pulse often. "I have to say that we're in a bit of a predicament due to your reckless actions, but that's a conversation meant for later."

"What do we do about Samil? Zane's with him, too."

"You're not going to do anything. You need to leave this facility immediately. I'm going to Samil so I can crush every single bone in his body before setting him on fire." Red stated firmly, watching Matthew carefully. "Zane has a complicated status with Virtus right now—"

"What do you mean?"

"He came to us before going to Samil." Julia's heart stuttered, and she stared at Red unblinkingly, utterly confused. The sudden act of him leaving to go to Samil had made sense, but now she didn't understand the deviation in his actions.

"Why—"

"Julia!" Someone yell from the top of their lungs, causing her to whip around and get tackled by an unknown force. Julia looked up to see Steven's worried face only a few inches away from hers before Michelle and Bryan appeared in her line of vision. "What the hell were you thinking?!" Steven nearly yelled into her face again, his eyes blazing. She was shocked into silence—she'd never seen him angry before. A long line of agents filed into the room, majority of them being the medics as they moved towards Matthew.

"Don't hurt him." Julia croaked, surprising her team. The older agents turned to Red, who had hesitantly nodded her head in agreement.

"He needs to live so we can do some questioning."

"What for?" Steven growled as he removed himself from Julia's touch, pulling her up and bringing his attention to Red. "He took her, so he got what he deserved."