Letter to Dr Mary Brunswick (by Caleb Cunningham)

Dear Doktor

As you know, Herr Doktor, I am a classic psychopathic personality with all the associated traits and aspects to qualify me as such. However, I feel different to those other better-known anomalies of our twisted mother nature. In order to justify my rather narcissistic belief I feel the need to provide you with examples to illustrate my theory. I am not disputing the character and type of personality 'disorder' I am afflicted with, rather the rank by which I have been measured by you and other so-called medical professionals such as Doktor Rimbaud.

Beyond what you know and what you think you might know – there is only the truth. I am the gatekeeper to this truth. I am the owner of this truth. I am the creator and the destroyer of this truth that is my life and the lives of those I have entered. I smell blood as I write this, as I look in the mirror in the half-light of this drab room I see myself caked in crimson. The blood is my own and my children's. You see I call these providers my 'children' for I have given birth to them. They are mine forever these creations, these little bastards. They are artworks that never leave the walls of my mind. They are flesh and bone forever and they live inside me. This truth is death. This truth is that, while you may know what I have let you know, that which I have not revealed to you or Rimbaud is far more revealing concerning my capabilities and consequently that of all humankind.

What sets me apart from my colleagues and counterparts is not the quantity or quality of my life's work, rather it is the purpose of this work that sets my ranking above all others. I value the purity of my deeds greater than that of all other living beings. I have a need to kill and I satisfy that need secure in the fact that I know that the act is one of absolutism, of high art, of truth. The act of creation is death, in that the ultimate extension of the life force is that which is beyond this life, beyond the human form. In order to achieve a moment in time eternal, the act or experience must be entirely pure in its force, execution and portrayal. It needs to be known, to exude its energy to others who will attempt to imitate the inimitable – but this is part of the absolute nature of the act, a 'sub' plot if you like to the main stage event. The presentation of the deed results in the aesthetic reduction of that moment in time when the purity passes from matter into energy into space. And ultimately into purpose.

Now I speak with a human tongue – I betray my academic learning to you with my speech. I have read all your books, studied all your theories, conceptualized all your ideas – I know everything there is to know about your world Herr Doktor and it is a world away from my world. You are so far away from any real level of understanding that what I put before you will be presented to the world as something completely irrelevant to what it actually is. Therefore, I give my permission for you to do so. You may publish what I have told you about my family and myself. As a 'psychopathic' personality, I am declarable as legally sane before any judicial court in the western world – hence being of sound but psychopathic mind I give you permission to publish this, my memoir of sorts, as you see fit.
Buy the book here: http://tinyurl.com/BloodRelatedOnly-2-99