02 | THE KING

02 | THE KING
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

I LIVE IN THE SMALL COUNTRY OF SASSANIA. 

It is a country not many know of, a country where old rituals and modern culture struggle to find balance. It is a country where a king rules and where the poor grapple for power. It is a country in which modern technology exists, side by side with glass homes and ancient castles. 

It is a country in which the outside world finds comfort in freedom and choice and liberty, but in our small country, there is only oppression. 

My country is broken- broken by thousands of years of reign by selfish and brutal kings, broken by refusal to enter into the modern world, broken by people who can act and refuse to do so. It is simply broken. 

And in the heart of the destruction, in the midst of the tornado, the eye of the hurricane, there stands a man responsible for the shattered lives of many families. 

He is responsible for the heartbreak of mothers and the tears of friends. He is responsible for the sorrow of families. 

When you see bitter tears watering the earth, you do not have to ask. You know that he is the one responsible for the grief. When you see blood soaking the ground, you do not have to ask. You know that he is the one responsible for the death.

He stands in the center of destruction holding the trigger. On his shoulders lies the blame for the shambles our country is in. The blame for all the horrors our people have endured. The pain mothers and fathers have to endure. The sorrow drowning children. 

He takes the blame. He is responsible. 

His name is Shaza Yazdergard. 

And he is the king of my country. 

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂