Prologue

"It's a Service, Really"

A 2016 Watty Awards Entry

A Wattpad Romance

Written by gymnast17

***

I hate waiting in lines.

It was my least favorite event to ever partake in.

I paused my inner ranting to focus on what I needed, though. I looked around the restaurant I was waiting to enter.

I didn't see him.

I continued to stand in anger, letting out an occasional huff to show my apparent irritation. The people around me either didn't care or didn't notice, but I paid no mind to them. I was on a mission.

Suddenly, the person in front of me shifted and that's when I noticed it.

Him.

This boy had caused me so much difficulty in the past few weeks that it actually physically pained me. Boys are like that, though.

I rushed out of the line and to the table he was sitting at, approaching him cautiously. He did not notice me until I began speaking. "You're the one I'm supposed to be meeting?" I asked nonchalantly, even though I'd been waiting on the moment for a while now.

"Of course," he replied, holding out a hand for me to shake. I complied and took my seat. He looked up from the menu he'd been busying himself with. "Do you want the money now... or later?"

I frowned.

"Let's not talk about that now," I whispered as a slow grin replaced my expression.

Sweet success.

***

Author's Note: Hello new friends! Welcome to my Watty Awards 2016 Entry; please enjoy because that is why we're all here! Drop a vote if you feel it to be deserved and a comment if you've got anything on your mind.