Chapter 19

I heard a horn blowing outside, it must have been Jenni coming to pick up Katelyn. I rushed outside to see Katelyn getting into Jenni's car, leaving me to walk to school by myself.

Ms. White came outside and stood next to me, "Is something wrong?"

I shrugged "I don't know what is wrong but I know something is wrong."

"Me too." Ms. White agreed.

"Well I'm going to school bye Ms. White."

"Bye Kyle." She said giving me a dad smile.

While walking to school a car pulled up next to me, it was Marissa.

"Get in." She ordered.

"Let me guess you're on a dare too?"

"What? No just get in the car geek."

"Ok, ok." I said while opening the door and getting into her car.

"So why did you decide to take me to school?" I inquired.

"Who said I was taking you to school?"

"Good question."

"Well what I wanted you to know is you didn't do anything wrong, but Jenni has Kat wrapped around her little finger and I'm tired of seeing that girl get her way." She said gripping on the steering wheel.
Her voice was annoying but I listened this was the only source of information I was getting.

"How does Jenni have Katelyn wrapped around her finger?"

"That's classified, plus I don't think Kat would want you to know."

Why wouldn't she want me to know, she told me everything about her father and mother. Maybe she didn't trust me because she thought I would spill it out like the last time. I sighed. "So you just picked me up to share your rage with me?"

"No idiot, I have a plan, you can get back Kat and I will get to be the most popular girl in the school." She grinned.

"Will this plan hurt Katelyn in anyway?" I asked.

"No." She rolled her eyes.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" I asked.

"You're a nerd, I don't talk to nerds, enough said."

If I was really a nerd that would've hurt. I'm just quiet and wear glasses. I don't do good in class. My marks are just average.

As we were nearing school, Marissa stopped the car.

"Get out!" She ordered again.

"Why?"

"I don't want to be seen taking school a nerd." She scoffed.

A rush of anger sprung up through me, but I slowly calmed myself down. She was the only person that could get Katelyn to talk to me and she's a girl and I'm a gentleman. So I just got out of the car.

"Talk about this same time tomorrow bye." She called while driving off.

What is her plan? I wondered making my way to school. Whatever it is, I hope it works.

KATELYN POV

I was standing by Jenni's locker, Kyle walked by, I gave him a small smile and he smiled back.

"Why is he smiling?" Jenni asked.

"I dont know why that nerd is smiling at me." I said rolling my eyes.

I looked at Kyle and he looked shocked and hurt. Of course I don't think you're a nerd you're my friend, I wanted to say but now that Jenni knows my secret I can't.

"Sorry bye." Kyle said walking away. I felt sad and weak that he looked so hurt, I wanted to run after him.

"Don't ever talk to him, you know what would happen if you do." Jenni said.

"I know, please don't tell anyone." I pleaded.

Jenni smiled, realising she had me caught in her web and said, "Don't worry Kat, I won't as long as you do what I say."

I don't want anyone to find out, mostly Kyle. If he found this out he would hate me. I rather him not talking to me than hating me. Jenni interrupted my thoughts,"Katelyn, I just decided, to prove to me that you're not friends with Kyle and you don't want to talk to him, you have to watch him get beaten." Jenni said smirking but not a cute smirk.

"No, please, I will do anything you want, just don't hurt Kyle, he already went through enough." I pleaded with Jenni again.

"Do it unless I'm spilling your secrets and Kyle will be the first to know."

I sighed, I was defeated.

"Boys." Jenni called. Five jocks came behind Jenni, including Jake.

"You know what to do."

The boys strolled over to Kyle making me wonder if she planned this. They walked behind him, he did not know that they were there until one of the boys pushed him down making Kyle fall on his face. I think they broke his glasses. He tried to get back up after the push but he was shoved down again. I winced and looked away. "No, you have to look." Jenni said. I watched Kyle, all the pain he was going through, because of me. I never felt so much guilt before. "I'm so sorry Kyle." I whispered.