THREE

As expected when stepping back into my class the student were all rowdy. Talking loudly to each other or sitting on top of the desk all on their phones. There was a few who was still seated working on the pictures I had told them to do.

Most of them had ignored the assignment so they could gossip. As far as first days went this one was shaping out to be the worse in history. How many teachers could say they found a dead body on the first day of school? Thinking about it made my chest squeeze. My father would call and ask me about today. I would have to lie to him about the body. About seeing it.

"Alright, alright, back in your seats." I ordered them closing the door behind myself. The weed I had smoked helped with my nerves but I still felt . . . frazzled. Right away my eyes shifted to Montana's chair but I found that she wasn't there. None of her things were at her seat either. She must have kept walking after I saw her in the hall. What could she be thinking wondering around the school when we just found something like that?

Shaking my head I couldn't worry about one student right now. Of course, it wasn't just any student. Slipping my hands into my pocket I could feel my phone again. I couldn't let her tempt me like this, I needed to focus on the task at hand. Licking my lips my class had all settled back into their seats waiting for me to give them direction.

"So Mr. V what happened?" A boy called out and my eyes shifted over to him. What happened? What was I supposed to tell them happened. Picking up the tablet I looked at the list of students again. Hudson Farsberg, clicking on his picture I could pull up his student files. He was a B student and had a knack for causing trouble.

"Well I heard that the police are on their way." I swallowed as I looked too the other student who spoke. Sylvie Aisher twisted a strand of hair around her finger as the rest of the class looked towards her.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked my throat feeling a bit dry.

"Twitter dur. Rachel said she went to the gym and there was a body in it." Rachel, she must have been the one who found the body, the one who was screaming before all hell broke lose. Everyone phones were out again as they hunted for Rachel and her Tweet about the dead body.

"She texted me a picture when I told her I didn't believe her." Everyone rushed around Sylvie desk. They were crowded around to look at the picture of the dead body. Who would do that? Who would take a picture of a dead body they just found? What was wrong with these children? Didn't they have any respect for the dead?

"Enough," I whispered shaking my head.

"Who is that?" Someone asked.

"Who cares is this for real?" Another questioned.

"Enough . . . enough . . ." I backed away towards the white board. I didn't want to hear this. I didn't want to talk about it. They shouldn't have been looking at pictures about that kind of stuff. Why would they want to see it? Someone was dead.

"Why would the police be coming if it wasn't real." Yet another asked. I reached my hand up pushing it into my hair. No more, I couldn't take it anymore. They had to stop.

"Enough!" I yelled and a few of the students jumped as they all looked at me. "Give me your phone now! Or go to the office." Sylvie slowly stood up walking to the front of the glass slowly. She held her phone out and I snatched it from her hands.

"Chill out Mr. V," Sylvie said and I shook my head.

"Do you think this is a joke? Do you think someone dying is something to pass around the classroom? Sit down! All of you." I yelled and the ones who had crowded around the desk was sinking back into their seats now. I exhaled pushing my fingers through my hair again. My eyes shifted to Sylvie Aisher as she eyed her phone one last time before moving back to her table.