Chapter Eighteen

"Donald." I gritted my teeth.

What is this nigga doing here?

He came in and my mom came running to him. She hugged him like she actually missed him. Nobody must of knew about what he did because they continued to mind theirs.

" What is he doing here?" Donald said looking at me.

"I could ask you the same question." I said standing up to him.

He think I won't beat his ass again. He so lucky I love my moms or I would have been killed him.

"Can yall please get along. It's my birthday." momma said getting in front of us.

I smacked my teeth and walked back to the table. Cali was chatting with my sister while the girls ate. Momma and Michael went to the back for some reason. Something wasn't right. I tried to eat but my stomach wasn't feeling it.

My mom and Donald was in back and it been awhile.

"Baby Ill be right back." I told Cali. She nodded and I left the table. I went to the back where they was and they was arguing.

"That is my son in there. My family is in there you think it's okay to bring business home and you just got here?!"

"Look Carla my business is way more important than your family. I could give two fucks about that little bitch you call a son. I should of killed his ass when I had the chance." he said.

My mom smacked him and he smacked her back. She took it and held her face.

" I hate you. I've hated you ever since you've left. When my son put you in jail I realized you weren't shit and will never be shit. You a worthless piece of-"

He grabbed my mom by her throat and screamed. I opened the door pulling out my gun.

"Oh the little bitch coming to save his mom again."

He turned around and let my mom go. He stepped up to me and I put the fun away. Momma was pleading but I ain't care. I'll kill right now if I wanted to.

"No Chris please." my momma tried to stop me but I pushed her out the way.

"Nahh momma you said it yourself. You don't need this nigga. Why couldn't I just kill his ass the first time?"

My mom stared at him. Then at me. She held my walk standing in front of me.

"Not here. Not now. I know you spared his life the first time but I promise he will leave and will never come back. I promise."

I looked at Michael who was still standing still. Momma was right I didn't have to kill him right now. Especially since my momma forgave me and I have a family in the house. If I get caught that's jail time.

"Look. I won't kill you but you bet not ever come anywhere near this house, this family and especially not my moms. If I catch you anywhere near them three things you gonna wish you didn't. You got me?"

He looked at me and then at my moms. I knew he knew better so he might as well leave.

" You know what. I don't need you. I'm out and I bet not catch this little nigga on the street. You betta watch ya back lil nigga."

He brushed past me and my mom. He left and me and momma went back in the house. We opened presents ate cake and had a good time. Momma was smiling and happy the whole time. At the end of the party everyone left except me and mines. Momma wanted us to stay the night so we decided to stay.

"You can try on some of my pajamas and the girls can wear my little cousins pajamas." Crystal said grabbing Cali's hand and took her up stairs with the girls.

"The girls good?" I asked and my mom nodded.

"You've matured into the man I wanted you be." Momma said sitting down next to me grabbing my hands.

"Thanks momma." I said.

She let go of my hands and went to the living room. She came back with a box that had my dads name on it.

"I noticed alot about you Chris. You've became the man your father always wanted. I've always been proud of you all along. You're father wouldn't approve of your lifestyle but he would be proud of you. He told me to give you this but don't open it until you leave tomorrow. Now go find your little lady and gon lay down cause I know I'm tired." she said after giving me the box and heading up stairs.

I walked into the living room and turned on the tv. I heard footsteps coming down stairs and I seen Cali come in a pink fluffy bunny onesie. I laughed at her and she punched me in the chest.

"It's not funny." she said laying on me.

"You look like a big four year old." I said touching her stomach.

She looked at me and looked at her. I swear I say this alot but this girl got me sprung. I don't know what I'll do with out her. She gave me a family, a reason to love and protect. After she have the baby imma propose and we gon bring a complete family.

"You wanna know something Chris?" she said tracing my tattoos.

"Yea."

" I had a dream about my daddy and my mom. He told me he died and he asked for forgiveness. Crazy right?"

"Yea it is." That was the type of shit that be making you think. He really came to her in a dream? I guess so. I might as well tell her.

"Is he really.." her voice trailed of and I heard some a sniffle which turned into tears.

"It's okay baby. Go ahead and let it out." She started to cry on my chest. I looked at my dads picture of me him, crystal and my mom. I held my tongue trying not to think of him. I miss my dad too.

Cali ended up crying herself to sleep. I played in her hair and she slept on my chest. If I want to stay alive and see my kids grow up I need to get out of this lifestyle. But how?.....