Ch. 25 - Fight with Deidara and Sasori

Takeshi, the woman that I found out was called Akira and I were standing on top of a roof of the village. We were staring at the explosion, the fires that were starting and the two people that were approaching, flying on two strange looking white birds.  

'' What's that? '' I asked with shock. '' Who are they? What are they doing? ''  

Akira frowned, narrowing her blue eyes with anger. Now that the hood of her cloak wasn't covering her head I could see that she was actually very pretty. '' Two members of the Akatsuki... They always work in pairs and it looks like they've send two of them to kill me. Sasori of the Red sand and Deidara, the bomber from Iwa. ''  

My eyes slightly widened. I had no idea who Deidara was but I've heard about Sasori. The puppeteer from the Sand... There were a lot of scary stories about him and how he liked to turn humans in to puppets. Thinking about Suna made me remember Gaara. How I said goodbye to him and promised that I was going to come back in one piece.  

And I was currently in front of two dangerous S-ranked criminals.  

My day was just getting better and better.  

Takeshi slowly began pulling out his sword. Akira looked at him and narrowed her eyes. '' What are you doing?! We have to leave! ''  

Takeshi had a serious look on his face. '' I don't want them to destroy another village and kill so many people. You escape while I'll take care of them. And they're after you anyway. Not me. ''  

Akira clenched her fists with anger. '' Takeshi, don't risk your life like that! Not for me! ''  

'' I told you to leave! '' Takeshi hissed with a scary tone.  

I was just listening their whole conversation. It seemed like they didn't even notice me there anyway.

Akira slowly whispered: '' W-Wh-Why? ''  

'' You're an important spy. I don't want to see you dying tonight, '' Takeshi emotionlessly said and pulled out his sword. '' So... go. Leave. ''  

Akira was staring at him with wide eyes. Then she nodded. '' As you wish. I'll leave, '' she murmured. '' But please. I don't want to see you dying either... So... Be careful. ''  

She looked at me and raised her eyebrows. I just shook my head. She seemed surprised, because she asked me if I wanted to leave with her and I said no. No matter how scared I was... I promised myself some time ago that I'll never run away again. Not when someone'll need me. And this time it was my sensei that needed me.  

She smiled at me and ruffled my hair. '' You're an interesting kid. Good luck, '' she whispered. Then her body slowly disappeared and she was gone. I blinked with surprise at that. I still had no idea how did she do that but it was probably some kind of special technique.  

I walked to Takeshi. '' So... What are we doing? ''  

It seemed like he didn't even notice me before now. '' What? Wait, why are you still here? '' he asked, narrowing his eyes with anger. '' Didn't you leave with Akira? ''  

I shook my head, grinning. '' No! I don't leave the people I care about just like that, Take-san! ''  

He frowned. '' Care? Why would you care about me? ''  

I kept smiling. '' I know that you don't like to be called like that but you're still my sensei. You taught me some important things! And you even bought me lunch a few times! No matter what you say you're still a nice person. It's better to die with someone than to let them die alone. ''  

His eyes widened with shock. '' You know... '' he slowly murmured. '' For a stupid little girl you can be pretty wise. '' I grinned while he groaned, and covered his face with his hand. '' I'm so going to regret getting you involved in this.... But... Fine. Could you destroy those two birds the two are on? It's going to be easier to beat them if they'll be on the ground. ''