The End..

She couldn't believe that she hadn't thought of it before! It seemed so natural after it struck her mind though. It was simply genius!

She began scouring the net for other eBook websites. As it is evident, she was going down the road of plagiarism. Never- not even once had it occurred to her that what she was doing was probably not right. She was aware of the risks she was taking though. How could she not be!

She was careful to choose websites which were not that popular and stories which were masterpieces in the making yet hardly recognized. She also changed the plots a little bit to not get anyone suspicious. Not too much though; afterall her objective was to please the critical readers and get 'her' stories recognized again.

After pouring more of her sleepless nights into creating 'her' magnum opus, she finally posted her story on wattpad. Anticipation ruled her that day. She had nervous butterflies in her stomach and she just couldn't hold still. She would refresh the pages again and again, keep clicking on 'my news' after every second just to see if anybody had voted or commented on her stories. She was acting like a wattpad virgin for god's sake! Though she realized that her behavior was childish, she was beyond rational sanity a long time ago and she simply ticked it off as being excited. Though racked with nervous excitement she was sure she was going to be successful this time.

Although the initial critique on 'her' story was good, it was pretty slow to come. She was pleased though- pleased that her talent was finally being recognized. In her contented haze, she was at long last attained a state of calm that had evaded her so long. Happy with herself, she finally slept, expecting to find more of those good reviews when she woke up. That was not to be however.

On waking up instead of finding positive appraisals, she was plagued with accusations of stealing someone else's work. The possibilities of someone discovering the illegitimacy of her work was highly unlikely. Yet it had happened. Apparently the work she had copied hadn't received that many votes but it had been quite well-read. Thus when someone who had apparently read that work on some other site had come across 'her' story under a name which the reader didn't recognize. So the reader had let the original writer know about it. It was only matter of minutes within which the original writer had summoned her fans to hound her profile. Messages berating her actions, threatening to sue her and other indecent curses were crowding her message board. She hadn't even been able to defend herself...not that anybody was willing to listen to her arguments because it was clearly visible to whoever had read both the stories that only minor details such has names had been changed in the forged story. Even her fans had turned against her after knowing what she had done. Didn't they understand that she was only doing this to please them?!

It was only matter of time before the wattpad authorities intervened in the case. They removed 'her' story and let her off with a warning. They didn't delete her profile however. She would have probably much rather preferred that they did that instead, because even after their warning to other users to leave her alone, insufferable vile messages had kept pouring in.

None of these however was of any significance to her. Her final attempt at a life had been ruined and she was way too tired and broken to pick up the pieces and start again. It had taken her days of staring at the computer screen unblinking to fully understand the degree to which she had tumbled down. Each comment she read had angered and saddened her to a degree of no end. She had vowed that day that she'll ruin each and everyone who had ruined her life and had ended her last chance.

~~~

They had found her body where it had been present the most of her time in her short insignificant life- in front of her computer. The scene would have been all too familiar to her parents if not for the blood splatters on the bright computer screen and the dried pool of blood on the floor. After they had partially recovered from the shock, the police had been called. They had been astounded by the case. How a girl of her age had gotten hold of a gun was beyond their comprehension. Not only that, but her body was discovered a day after her actual death making it all too mysterious. It was later to be discovered that she had gotten hold of that gun via internet. She didn't have a FFL (federal firearms license) mandatory for purchasing guns online but apparently you can get almost anything by UPS unchecked. The original source of the gun was still a mystery but the police were suspecting that she had somehow got someone to illegally send the gun to her. However her death had taken place, it didn't matter. One thing everyone was sure of was that the whole thing was horrendous.