J'adore Paris, City of Wonder

August 7th 19.37 – Written by Natasha Woods

Today marks the second anniversary of the time I found myself shipwrecked and possession-less in Indonesia. After jumping off a boat and swimming for my life in the middle of the night I ended up with only the clothes on my back and my trusty torch strapped to my belt. I flew back to Thailand with a backpack so empty it was almost funny.

This is what my life has become.

No longer the girl-next-door, I find myself falling into adventure after adventure, one after the other. I'm starting to feel like a female Jason Bourne, only a little less physically active and a little more food orientated.

 I'm starting to feel like a female Jason Bourne, only a little less physically active and a little more food orientated

Today I'm in Paris, the city of love, and it's raining. Surprisingly enough, the dreary weather hasn't affected the rustic charm this location has to offer. I've seen the Eiffel Tower, shopped along the Champs-Élysées strip on 8th, enjoyed local cuisines such moules marinieres (mussels cooked in white wine and garlic) and have just finished taking photos of Paris from the top of the Notre Dame cathedral.

It's days like today that really make me appreciate my career choice as a travel writer, days where I am not concerned for my possessions or the safety of my persons, where I stress freely eat escargot on yet another rooftop terrace, not wondering...

It's days like today that really make me appreciate my career choice as a travel writer, days where I am not concerned for my possessions or the safety of my persons, where I stress freely eat escargot on yet another rooftop terrace, not wondering where I am going to lay my head when it gets too dark to see.

Paris is well and truly a once in a lifetime experience and I would recommend that everyone feature this city on their bucket list. I apologise for ending on a cliché but after all the excitement of the day, I can say that I have fallen in love with this city.