Chapter 1 : A Challenging Encounter

Alright, so this is a new story I started, after that whole tragedy in Orlando. I felt compelled to write something like this. I was shocked to find that I couldn't find a single romance novel with a a trans heroine except one which was written like a regular mills and boon or harlequin, glossing over the many realities of trans life and dilemmas. I don't profess to knowing much about it myself but as a human being I can empathise and think it is beyond time we as people need to embrace and include every facet of society. So here is my attempt at writing a romance with a trans heroine. Many people might not like it, but as writers even non professional ones I believe it is only right to try and push boundaries, that can only lead to growth. We all need to make a statement.  

P.S As Always I would be very grateful if someone can help me with a cover for this story. I don't want something obvious though, it has to be tasteful. 

Oh and please DON'T forget to COMMENT, especially on this story, as I need all the constructive criticism I can get, I am flying by the seat of my pants with this one and I would really appreciate feedback, thank you, and enjoy!!

Cover by AngelBlueEyes.

Chapter 1:

The club was filled to bursting, the new fad of strobe lights coupled with house music was enough to give anyone a headache.

Sierra looked around the packed dance floor and suppressed her distaste. What passed for music blared out of countless hidden speakers and the sound buffeted the expansive room like an oppressive blanket. Sierra wondered for the hundredth time why she had let Ella drag her to this damn place, the club scene wasn't her thing. Hadn't been for a long time.

"Oye are you going to sit there all night, and mope around?"

Sierra took her cold gaze from her perusal of the room and focused on the only person in her life she called friend. 

Ella stood before her, all five foot six inches of bleach blonde perfection, with her hip jutting to one side dramatically and her pert breasts almost falling out of the scooped cleavage of a skin tight fluorescent pink tank top. Her long legs encased in thigh high boots, the quintessential prostitute get up. Tacky as always. Sierra felt a familiar twinge of affection and humour lighten her mood. They always made a pair, her dressed like the lady of the manor and Ella dressed like a trashy porn star. 

They had always raised eyebrows wherever they went, and tonight was no exception.

"Yup," Sierra drawled, brusque as ever, "So why don't I just call it a night and head home,"

"Don't you fucking move off of that stool, you slag," Ella pouted like a small girl, all the more ridiculous for she looked like a demented barbie when she did that, a fact made patently obvious by the heavy green eye shadow and dark red lipstick. "Besides you promised. You said you would stay with me all night if you had to. And I am not done dancing yet,"

Sierra rolled her eyes and sighed. 

Fool that she was, she had in fact made that stupid promise. She now felt like a dumb arse for making the vow. The only reason she had relented was because Ella had cried and begged over the telephone. Jason had broken up with her yet again, this time for good, a fact which secretly made Sierra very happy. 

Jason was a wanker, totally undeserving of Ella, who despite her trashy appearance and difficult personality was the most open and loyal person Sierra knew.