When You Were Mine - Highlights!

Welcome to highlight reel of WYWM - What you're missing out on if you don't go download the whole book!

First lets start with a refresher from the last chapter posted here on Wattpad:

Valerie shook her head, willing Art to stay quiet. His talking would only make things worse no matter what he said. She turned back to Alex and shoved his chest hard. "You were on a date the other night!" The warm tears in her eyes pissed her off. She was so sick of crying over Alex. "You have no right to barge in here—"

"The hell I don't!"

His enraged voice despite her tears alarmed her. Normally her words alone could calm him. She glanced up in time to see something dangerous flicker in Alex's eyes, something she'd only seen a handful of times, and in the next instant, he turned to charge at Art.

***

"Look," he began then exhaled. "Sal has said this more than once to me. You and I . . . We're so much alike. It's why things get so crazy—"

"I can't," she said before he could finish.

He stared at her blankly. "You can't what?"

"I can't do this anymore, Alex. It's exhausting. We're not kids anymore and—"

"That's why I'm here, Valerie," he said, turning to face her better, then reached for her hand. "I don't wanna do this anymore either. I'm ready for a change. I wanna prove to you that I'm ready."

***

Alex showed her his response to Chelsea where he mentioned his girl.

Valerie glanced at Alex, who was watching and waiting for a response as if he should be petted for being good. Clearly, she still didn't appear as impressed by this as he was expecting, because his smile waned.

"Okay," he began. "So this is all new. We both have friends we're gonna have to break this new change to. I won't be making any announcements or sending out a group message or anything, but just like with Chels, one by one they'll get the news about my girl." He kissed her cheek. "You can't be mad every time something like this happens, especially if I'm being honest with you."

***

"I'm crazy about you, Val," he whispered even as Angel and Sarah stood just a foot away.

Until now. She turned slowly, gazing up at him, and didn't say anything at first as if she were waiting for the punch line.

Staring into that beautiful pair of big wistful eyes, Alex could hardly stand it. He kissed her softly then pulled away to look in her eyes again and nodded. "I'm fucking crazy about you," he whispered again.

The sweet little crinkle between her eyes made an appearance. The one that was a telltale sign that she was feeling emotional, but she smiled. "I'm crazy about you too, Alex," she whispered back. "But then I think you've always known that."

***

"New Alex knows he has nothing to worry about." He raised his brow again as he had earlier; only this time it wasn't as playful. "Right?"