Chapter Twelve -

Chapter Twelve –

I woke up the next morning to the refreshing beach air, and instantly inhaled the peaceful smelling aroma while stretching my limbs after a comfortable sleep. Adrian groaned beside me and stirred a little, making me look over to him to check if I had accidentally woken him up. Once his breathing fell even, I slowly pushed myself out of the bed, careful not to make much sound or movement.

Once I successfully escaped the room quietly, I made my way over to the main bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, before descending the long staircase to make my way to the kitchen.

My stomach grumbled slightly as I scanned the contents of the cupboards, before walking over to fridge and pulling out the loaf of bread that was sitting in the corner of the top shelf, along with 4 eggs and the jar of strawberry jam. I cut the loaf into even pieces before popping the cut pieces into the toaster while turning on the stove for the eggs.

I heard Adrian yawned loudly just as I finished spreading jam on one of the cooked toast, and turned around to find him staring at me with a sleepy smirk. “Good morning Housewife.” He greeted in a husky morning voice, making me blush lightly at the statement. “Is this for me?” He asked, pointing at the eggs and toast in front of him.

It was actually mine, but he took a bite from the toast before I could respond. I glared, placing a hand on my hip. “That was mine.” I said, huffing.

He shrugged and smirked in my direction before sitting on the bar stool and taking another bite from my breakfast. I gave him a look of disbelief before sighing and turning around to continue his eggs – that were now going to be mine.

Once I was done cooking, and after pouring Adrian a large bowl of cereal, I sat across from him and began to eat my own breakfast, closing my eyes as I savoured the taste. Once my eyelids fluttered open again, I found Adrian staring in my direction with a small smile on his face, making me blush. “What?” I murmured, shaking my hair slightly so that it fell onto my face to hide my embarrassment.

“I’ve noticed something about you, Shortcake.” He stated, still wearing the warm smile on his lips. I raised my eyebrows in surprise before nodding my head cautiously, indicating for him to continue. “Your eyelids flutter closed and you let out a small sigh every time something you experience something you enjoy. You just did it now, and you always make that small sigh in your sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night and wrap my arms back around your waist.” He commented, before shoving a spoonful of the sloppy cereal into his mouth.

My eyes widened in shock as his words sank into my mind, and I began blushing furiously at the fact that Adrian noticed something so irrelevant. “O- Oh, really?” I stammered, fumbling with my reply.

He nodded before looking up at me with a smirk. “Don’t get me started on how many times you’ve done it when I’ve touched you.” He added while his smirk grew and my horrified expression.

“Shut up!” I exclaimed in a squeaky voice, before jumping out my seat and taking our empty plates to the sink as he chuckled before chomping on some more soggy cereal.

“We’re going to spend the day on the beach again.” He stated while I began to wash the plates under the running water.

“Okay, fine with me.” I replied, washing off the soap.

“We’ll eat lunch there too. We need to make the most of it since our flight is at 5AM tomorrow morning.” Adrian continued, making me choke on my own saliva.

5AM?!” I exclaimed, turning around to give him another look of disbelief.

He nodded, before getting out of his seat and placing the bowl into the sink before giving me a pointed look. “It’s a five hour flight, so we’ll already be missing most of the morning in the office.” He explained with a slight frown.