Chapter 2

~ Percy ~

" Take care alright, " My mum smiled sweetly and hugged me.

" Tell Paul I said goodbye. "

" Alright, I'll make sure he knows that once he wake up."

The door closed and I made my way to camp half blood.

~

The strawberry field was visible at the far end and I walked quickly towards it. As in he was expecting me, Chiron, in his full form, stood on the hill where Thalia's tree resided with his hands at his back. It reminded me of how he looked like when I was receiving my marked exam paper from him.

"Umm hey Chiron. What you doing out here?" I pulled the straps of my haversack to tighten it.

He looked at me and gave a small smile. "Just getting some fresh air ey," he patted my shoulder lightly. "Come, let's get in the camp,"

We walked in silence which was pretty awkward. I dont feel like talking and something must be bothering Chiron as he didn't say a word either. I glanced up and saw his eyebrows furrowed. The war is over so why the worry?

My thoughts were disrupted when I saw the girl and my heart stopped. That blonde with intimidating eyes. Always taunting me. She was standing at the netball court grinning widely. So widely that I may get blinded by her polished teeth. She then ran so fast towards us and engulfed me into her arms. I stroked her hair and hugged her tight, knowing that this could be one of the last times that I can embrace her.

"Ahh Annabeth, perhaps you and Percy can start with your duty right away," Chiron told Annabeth."

She pulled away from me and looked at the centaur like a young girl who got a doll for christmas. No idea what got her so happy. "Definitely,"

She pulled me away from Chiron and we walked to our respected destinations.

" Go in. I'll be at the room just beside yours. "

"Sure." I walked in the room with a gold colored door. I pushed it open and observed the place. Many teenagers were sitting down on the floor mat strapping their armor on and talking to their friends. I'll be teaching sword fighting as that's one skill that I master in. Don't even mention me coaching canoeing or even teaching ancient greek. That's what Annabeth doing. Teaching ancient Greek. I remembered the first time she would teach me Greek and always get annoyed. She would glare at me with her oh so beautiful eyes, it was scary though, and sometimes even walked away. Giving up trying to teach me. Those were the days.

I placed my bag in the locker and changed to my attire. I grapped riptide, my sword, and walked out to stand at the centre of the room.

"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen." The room went quiet.

"My name is Percy Jackson, you can call me Percy and I'm a son of poseidon. I'll be teaching you sword fighting and I expect full attention from all of you" I paced back and forth on the mat while talking and observing each and everyone of the half bloods. I guess I looked kind of scary for a 18 years old. Most of them just stare at me with wary eyes as though I might slash them with riptide at any seconds. That's good though.

"Alright so first everyone grab a sword," all of them scrambled to get the swords situated near the locker and sat down again. I began teaching them the basic techniques of holding the sword correctly and shielding from the opponent. Teaching the class, I felt so familiar. What I did felt so familiar. I felt like ... Luke, Luke castellan.

He just appeared in my mind for a moment but I shook it off.

"Class dismissed. Make sure to remember the basic that I taught you today."

The half bloods all nodded.

I went out of the arena and came face to face with Leo valdez. "Hey mate."

He gave an elfish grin. He carried a tool bag hung at his belt and his face were smeared lightly with grease and oil. "Hey,"

I smiled back, but It didn't reach my ears.

"Something bothering you?"

"Nah bro. Whats up?"

"Chiron wants the leaders to go to a meeting now. I was about to call you." he fiddled with his tool belt.

"Yeah sure, let's go" I replied. Not feeling so bubbly as before. Or even as Leo. Not after Athena came that night. Thinking about that incident made my blood boils again. I still have not made my decision, the one regarding Annabeth.

I still dont understand the sudden decision of Athena separating me and Annabeth. But the gods never made sense anyway. But I have to. I have to leave her.