Chapter 38: Sleep Deprivation, Dating Profiles, And Good Cole

1:02 A.M.

Leah cries out. I groan and stand up and walk to her bassinet. She looks at me with tears streaking down her face. I tiredly smile at her and scoop her into my arms.

I smell her diaper before pulling away faster then a rocket. Yup, that's definitely it. I walk over to my bed and set a mat down to protect my sheets before setting her down and unbuttoning her one piece and fixing the smelly diaper situation.

I finish up and button her one piece before I walk to her bassinet and set her down. I turn around and clean up before crawling back into my welcoming bed.

3:28 A.M.

The sound of cries wakes me up for the second time this morning. I sit up and walk to her and pick her up. I smell her diaper. Not that. Thankfully. I walk over to my bed and sit down, pulling up my shirt and placing Leah in front of my left nipple.

She latches on immediately and begins sucking. I wince, but continue nonetheless. She needs this. So I let her continue until she hits my chest and cries. I pull her away and let her latch on to my other nipple, and she begins eating happily until she's full.

She pulls away shortly after and I pull my shirt down. I stand up and walk to her bassinet and set her in. Now it's my turn.

3:47 A.M.

I stand up and walk to the crying baby's bassinet. I pick her up and smell her diaper, nothing. I sit down in the white rocking chair by her bassinet and try feeding her, but she refuses.

"What's wrong Lee Lee?" I ask her. She cries again and I pull my shirt down and rock us back and forth on the chair and hum a tune.  Soon enough, we both fall asleep.

10:30 A.M.

I wake up in an uncomfortable position. Why am I sitting up? Then everything comes back and I look down to be met with a pair of big brown eyes. Leah is wide awake. I smile at her and tickle her stomach slightly.

"Good morning princess. How'd you sleep?" I say to her. She nuzzles into me as I stand up and walk to the drawers where we store Leah's things. I don't want to bother with setting up a baby room yet, because she will be staying in my room for a few more months, and we are leaving for New York soon. So why stress about it now? All I'm worried about is the amount of sleep I'm getting right now. To early to worry about anything else.
I pull out a pink one piece with a cream colored neckline. It has frills for the straps, and I paired it with some white floral shorts that are placed over it. I grab the soft baby brush, and brush out her hair and place a white head band around her small head.

I set down Leah on my bed and turn around and pull some shorts out and my grey sweatshirt and pull it on when I hear a thump and a cry. I whip around and see Leah on the ground crying.

"Oh my gosh! Leah!" I shout in shock. I rush to her and pick her up and try calming her when Mom comes in looking at my tear streaked face and Leah crying.

"What happened Morgan?" she asks me softly.

"She fell off my bed while I was changing." I say through my tears.

"Aw, it's okay baby. It's okay, it was an accident, and look, Leah is fine." Mom says while approaching us.

"But she might of gotten hurt Mom. It was my fault. She was put in danger because of me." I say while the tears pour down my face. She rubs my back gently.

"I know honey, and you need to pay more attention, but it was an accident, you were changing and you put her somewhere you thought she was safe." she says to me. I nod and put my head on my baby's shoulder.

The Alpha's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara