Weird Little Rant

Silence by Nicca Aisling

I wake up to the silence of the pouring rain. Suffocating silence. How can this be? No pitter patter of drops on my window sill.. I look once again through the spotless glass. Huge drops of water continue fall.

My eyes follow the path as they make their way down the railing only to crash down unto the wooden porch. Why can't I hear the soothing melody the rain is known to play. I strain my ears over and over again, but still all sound escapes them. A woman walks through the open doorway and approaches me.

"I keep telling you," she says moving my body backwards. "Don't stand so close. The reason you can't hear anything is because you keep turning the sound down before you go to sleep."

She reaches behind me to the wooden table and grab a remote. The sound of raindrops flood my eardrums. The world is alive once again and I rejoice. Then two things are realized bringing an end to my joy. First, if this is a repeat occurrence, why doesn't someone turn the sound up before I wake. Second, who keeps turning to the rain channel.? Wait... is there any such thing as a 24 hour rain channel?

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF READING THE FIRST PART OF SIMPLY SINFUL AND WRITING THE SECOND PART.

WHILE THIS IS TAKING PLACE I PLAN ON WRITING LITTLE RANTS LIKE THIS ONE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NOTHING FROM THE MAIN CHARACTERS (NEW AND OLD) POINT OF VIEW.

THESE LITTLE RANTS WILL PROVIDE SMALL HINTS INTO THE STORYLINE OF THE SECOND PART OF THE STORY AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS