seven

Amy always liked shopping with Laura as the pair would always make the day fun no matter what mood they were in. Their original plan this weekend was to get on the tube and go to Oxford Street but it turns out that there is a party tonight that Amy is now being dragged to. They had already been into H&M and Primark and were now on their way into Topshop. The entered the shop and Laura grabbed a hold of Amy's wrist, pulling her towards the evening dresses.

"Did you really have to yank me like that?" Amy sighed as she pulled her wrist out of Laura's grasp. Her friend just laughed at her and continued to look through the different racks of dresses. "So, whose party is it?" She questioned.

"It's Jacks 18th; it's at this club he hired out."

"He hired out an entire club?"

"I don't even know. He has money so I'm guessing so."

"You don't even know? So basically we're going clubbing." Amy furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Yep." Laura turned and grinned at her. She then looked back to the dress she had a hold of and smirked. She pulled it from the rack and showed it to Amy. "This would look perfect on you." Amy took one look at the dress and rolled her eyes, Laura knew that Amy was specific in what she wore. She hated looking like a complete slut, which the majority of her Sixth Form strive to look like on a regular basis.

"I am not wearing that." Her tone was cold but playful.

"It's not even that bad! Just try it on for me, please?" Laura was pleading with her and shoved the dressed into Amy's hands. She sighed and took the dress.

"Have you chosen anything yet?"

"Nah, I've got something at home I can wear." Amy just rolled her eyes as the pair of them made their way into the changing rooms. Amy entered one of the fitting rooms and slid the curtain across the rail. She looked into the long mirror attached to one of the walls and exhaled loudly.

Her back was fine now as it had been a couple of weeks since the incident. But she still looked into the mirror and would feel the urge to cry. She put up this front of that she wasn't affected by it and that she didn't really care but in reality, it haunted her. Amy was scared and also failed to understand why he would go after a girl like her. She wasn't special, nor did she think that she was very attractive. She gathered that Harry was just looking to torment an innocent person rather than a whore who would've been dressed more provocatively.

Amy blinked a few times before looking away. She kicked off her Vans and took off her Nirvana t-shirt, sliding off her skinny jeans from her body. She then picked up the dress and put it on. It had no zip and it easily slipped on over her head. She then turned and looked in the mirror once more, only to gasp slightly.

"How long does it take to try on one dress?" Laura asked sarcastically, sticking her hand through the curtain. Amy just slapped it away and laughed, before drawing back the fabric to reveal herself to her friend. "Woah. You have to wear that!" She started clapping excitedly like a seal and spun Amy around, giving her a once over. "The boys will be drooling; I have a good eye for these things." She winked at her jokingly.

"Do you really think it looks alright? I'm not sure..,"

"Are you insane!? The blue contrast with your eyes and the dress itself just fits your body really well. I sound weird saying this but I'd tap that." She wiggled her eyebrows. Amy just rolled her eyes and laughed as her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment.

"It's not really me though, is it?"

"That's another reason as to why it is perfect! Now, you're getting it. Let's go." Laura stated in a demanding tone and closed the curtain again. Amy just tutted and looked in the mirror once more. The dress was an electric blue, tight dress which landed mid-thigh. It had black slits on the sides which led around the back and near the top. It was completely out of her comfort zone but then she needed to do this kind of thing, she couldn't stay within her introverted bubble forever.

After paying for the dress, along with a pair of black and blue wedges which Laura stumbled across before they went to the till, they exited the shop and began walking through the shopping centre. They decided that they had nothing else to do so left the building and began to walk up the High Street. Laura said that she needed a few hours to get ready and it was already three in the afternoon.

"Do you want to go back now or do you want to go get something to eat?" Amy questioned her as they neared her favourite coffee shop.

"We can grab something if you want." Laura smiled as the turned and entered Caffé Nero. Amy ordered her usual of a strawberry milkshake and BLT sandwich, whereas Laura just ordered a black coffee. They sat down at one of the empty tables and indulged themselves in their beverages, making small chat over the upcoming party this evening.

After another hour of sitting down gossiping with each other, Laura and Amy left the coffee shop and began their walk to where Amy had parked her car. They turned down one of the slip roads and Amy was looking down as she almost dropped the bag she was holding. She looked up again only to walking into something hard, and fell onto the floor.

"Shit!" She heard a familiar voice and looked up into the eyes of her cousin.

"This needs to stop happening to me." She mumbled to herself as she picked her body up off the floor. Adam just laughed at her and she wiped her bum from the dirt on the ground. She was so oblivious to her surroundings that she hadn't noticed the four other boys standing around them. Laura was stood laughing also; it was like the seven of them were ganging up on Amy, which made her scowl.

"What's the face for, Ames? I'm sorry!" Adam said as he tried to stop himself from laughing.

"It's fine, everyone laugh!" She groaned sarcastically as she had finally readjusted herself. Laura was looking at each boy around them and couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by them. Even though this fact was clear, she also thought that they were very attractive so decided to play on this a little bit.

"So, how do you know Amy?" She asked flirtatiously as she looked towards the brown haired boy with straight hair.

"They're my mates." Adam cut in. Amy just rolled her eyes and took a hold of Laura's arm, trying to lead her away from the group. Laura just yanked out of her hold and then bit her lip, looking at the boy.

"How are you, Amy?" The familiar mop of curls asked her with a smirked plastered into his face. Harry loved how obviously frightened Amy was of him.

"Fine." She stated through a clenched jaw.

"That's good, babe." He told her teasingly, which only made her clench her jaw further.

"Laura, we've gotta go. You know? The party..." Amy tried to get her to leave, ignoring Harry's last remark. When Laura got into this kind of mode she could never get her to leave it. She became an annoying, desperate bitch, if she was being completely honest.

"Shut up, Amy." She said with gritted teeth. "I'm Laura by the way." She looked back up onto the boys brown orbs and held out her hand, he shook it with a grin plastered onto his face.

"I'm Liam." He laughed and let go of her hand. The other people surrounded them were just rolling their eyes.

"Laura, seriously let's go." Amy said once again.

"Okay, fine." She tutted.

"What's the rush, Ames?" The acquainted blonde boy spoke up then, smirking at Amy. To be honest, she wanted to leave, firstly, because Harry was here and secondly, because Niall was here. She was more infuriated with the latter. She ignored Niall and brushed past the group, grabbing hold of Laura's hand and tugging her along with her.

After about five minutes the pair had reached Amy's car, which she unlocked, allowing them both to climb in.

"So, what was that attitude for?" Laura asked.

"Nothing." Her voice was monotonous.

"Do you know them guys?"

"I know three of them, you know Adam, obviously."

"How comes you never mentioned his hot friends?"

"They're not hot."

"Are you seriously that blind? That Liam, god I'd love to jump on him and..." her voice trailed off as Amy ignored her and began to get caught up in her own thoughts. She was pissed off, to put it bluntly. Niall hurt her the other week for no reason at all and it made her even more cautious of him than she was already. He was horrible and she wanted nothing to do with neither him nor anyone else of that group of people. It was just a shame that Adam was best friends with them.

She pulled out of the parking space and began her journey back to Laura's house, to go and get ready for the dreaded evening ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a filler and build up towards the next chapter!

Sorry, my updating has been horrendous this week. But I will be updating both fanfics this weekend!

I love you all for the support so far and am so happy by the amount of reads this has had already!

Remember to vote and comment! xo