Four

Kinney was getting tired of this.

   He didn't think the repulsive android and her little friends would actually come to mind that frequently.

   Especially her.

   Now, it was different. He never liked Her Majesty, but now, he felt something close to hatred. She didn't know he had actually helped the 'traitors', even if only a little, so he wasn't punished. But what he was ordered to, was punishment enough.

   But, it was one android. And those disgusted him, right? And he should be relieved that it was over now. Her Majesty was tired of her, doubting she was sentient. He was done with this job. He should be relieved.

   But he wasn't.

   He walked, carrying her bridal style, in his arms. He didn't know if she still saw him, with that empty look in her eyes, didn't know if she could hear him, or if she was even alive.

   ...Since when did he call this android a she?

   But he shook that away, knowing that she at least deserved some respect from him now, even if he hadn't ever given her any.

   "Hey..." He muttered. Not sure if she would respond. When she didn't, he continued anyway. "I just wanted to say, the misery's about to be over." She didn't even twitch a finger.

   His voice sounded as empty as her eyes looked, and he cringed.

   "Sorry."

   But then, he wanted to say something else, an idea forming in his head. He didn't want to get hopeful yet, but it could be a start.

   "On second thought," His voice sounded a bit more alive now. "How about I just stash you away and find some way to fix you?"

   He said this in a whisper. After all, Her Majesty's ears were everywhere.

   "Y-You know, but you'll have to do something for me, or for everyone, really."

   She still didn't answer. Dammit, maybe she was dead and he did get too hopeful.

   "Prove you can hear me, I-Iko."

   He kept silent as he walked. He was getting closer to the destination and suddenly didn't know how he was going to go unnoticed by the cameras.

   He was in the menagerie. And as he kept walking, he heard a gasp. He looked to the side, and recognized one of the 'traitors'.

   Her face was in absolute horror as she gazed at her friend. He cringed again.

   "Y-You... You!"

   Soon her pale, bloodied face melted into anger. No. Fury.

   All he did was keep walking. But he muttered what he said to the unresponsive android.

   "S-Sorry."

   After the distraction, he still waited for her response. Anything.

   And she twitched a finger.
...

   Cress was angry. Angry beyond words. She couldn't be glamoured, so her thoughts weren't muddled like she thought the others' were.

   In fact, she wasn't even angry at Thorne. Just a little afraid at what he could do. Or what she made him do.

   There. That was the source of her anger.

   A lot of other emotions coursed through her. Like, helplessness and grief and hatred. All the cause of that wretched Queen.

   She had changed some, actually. She was not as fearful. She let her anger take over instead. Scarlet was her inspiration.

   And she knew she had some power over Levana.

So, maybe she could do something about all this. She wasn't sure how, but, she'll think of something. She had to. Anything for her friends, for Kai, for Cinder. For Thorne.
...
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. You can see this story has taken a turn, getting a bit more hopeful despite the title of this fic. XD

And so sorry to take so long. Truth be told, I lost some inspiration until beautiful violist0419, ButterflyWeird and SingerFangirl gave me some inspiration.

Thanks, you guys.